Sunday, September 18, 2005

Who never watch a movie with...or the idiot's guide to watching a movie with me!

After watching Kal Ho Naa Ho today, amidst my sisters (good company) my mum (she's good as well) and my youngest brother (arrghh!) with a mid-movie fight because my Dad wanted to watch tv.. which ended with me flinging the ironing board, a little kids plastic chair and eventually walking out and slamming the door twice.. heh, I must admit reading about Sourav Ganguly's 'fit' about his conversation with Chappell.. I unfortunately come to the conclusion that I must have a similar temper to him :(
Anyway, onto my list of who never to watch a movie with -

# 1 Never, ever watch a movie that is the slightest bit romantic with your brothers around, as coming your way will be snide comments, laughter and turning up their own music, which causes you to turn up the movie... a sound war ensures.

# 2 When you come to the part of the movie that makes you wanna cry (like most of KHNH) you know, when the girl can't marry the boy because of 1001 different reasons.. they will start discussing the specs. of their latest motherboard/graphics card/driver/processor.. at the loudest possible volume.

# 3 The movie comes round to the part when there is a lovely song that is kinda quiet, guys read that as a cue to start up all your war video games, preferably with bombing.

# 4 Feel free to stop by and say 'oh, is this the part where she finds out that he loves someone else' just before it is going to happen, cause, yes I do know that is going to happen as I too have watched this movie 10+ times, but no, I don't want you to 'spoil' the movie by saying that.

# 5 I don't need to be told that Shahrukh Khan has a big nose, yes he does - I've noticed that too - and even despite of that I will continue to watch this, and every other one of his movies. (and anyway, who said a big nose doesn't look nice in the first place!)

# 6 DO NOT watch a movie with your 4 year old brother around... he will run, shout, jump, play games and all that for the entire 3 1/2 hours....

# 7 You should feel extremely threatened by the lead male character... my advice, please don't worry, they are in India, they are married (in most cases!) and are all at least 10yrs older that me!

# 8 If you are a guy that I don't know at the movies, and are sitting behind me, don't lean your feet on the back of my chair, it's annoying. And why oh why do you start laughing in the serious/sad parts of the movie?? (this happened to me at the Bollywood Masala film festival in Perth.. all the men were talking loudly off subject or laughing, while all the women were crying!)

# 9 Don't boil the kettle, rattle your chair, start the car, etc, etc, etc while I'm watching.. remember silence is golden :) - and I need a lot of gold :D

# 10 And last but not least, I can never watch a movie by myself! So you have to keep me company by watching with me (and that includes all the songs, rain-dances and crying scenes), put up with my sounds of 'ooooohhhhhhh' every time I think Shahrukh looks even the slightest bit cute, hearing my opinion of Shahrukh wearing black (he's so .... well, you know ;) in black!), How Preity/Kajol/Rani's earrings are the best pair ever, and how come you can never find a pair exactly like they have in the movie. If you can survive all this however, I probably won't like you, cause you don't have a life, and obviously don't have the courage to just tell me to just shut up and watch!

And yes, I do want to watch a movie with you all :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we can talk about movies too, like we talk about cricket! heh..
And I am sure Shahrukh khan is not *just* 10 years older than you- he is in his 40s, If I am correct :)

Mary said...

Shahrukh is double my age :O
I was referring to some of the other guys like Vivek Oberoi :D

Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa..too many rules and regulations to be your co-audience. Though I myself am an avid SRK fan, I just love to by pass the cry-able scenes and just watch the comdey in KHNH..i thot the best part in KHNH was the comedy, Saif and SRKs.....HMMMM..MERE PAAS Do DOGGIE HAIN......., WOH MOHAMMAD ALI HAI NA....blah blah.
And who notices the earrnings...:-)

Anonymous said...

Correction - *Ear-rings

Mary said...

:D KHNH is a great movie! yes, the comedey is really good in it too :) I like the part when SRK gets Saif to get Preity to like him in just 6 days, that is so funny! The Mohammad Ali bit, ohhh I could keep watching that too!

Maybe that's why I've only ever watched movies with girls.. :P every guy is totally scared off by me. & Dinesh, GIRLS notice the earrings.. :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, watching a movie with you is gonna tough.....
but i guess the last part wont be too difficult....
the most difficult part is---Bollywoood movie. well lets c....