Thursday Morning I went up to Perth by train with my younger sister, I fell asleep for around 1/2 the journey (it takes around 2 1/2hrs) and when I was awake, I was either reading a really good Indian cookbook we have, or staring into space out the window - I love just staring at all the passing scenery, which on the way to Perth is lots of farms with cows. We arrived in Perth City around 10 minutes early, and our Pop (Grandfather) picked us up at the station, everyone in Perth, and WA for that matter is in a state of 'Grand Final Mania' at the moment, as the West Coast Eagles Australian Rules Football team has made the grand final in Melbourne this Saturday, so everyone was wearing blue & gold, and everywhere you looked you could see blue & gold streamers, balloons, and flags.
While in Perth we went clothes shopping with Gran - actually got 10 jeans/skirts/shirts for $60! they have amazing sales it Perth! Gran was also telling me all her latest recipes.. her favourite at the moment is as vege risotto. Got my hair cut quite short as well :) - it's gone so curly!
The journey home was terrible, as school holidays has now started, and the train was full of loud, opinionated people who just couldn't shut up... one lady even tried to 'set me up' with a 'handsome young man' who she had to sit next to, 'cause 'you're a pretty young girl, you would like to meet him, he looks around 16, dear' she thought I would like to meet him :P
I just made a 'don't be ridiculous' face and said 'oh no!' - some people are just too much!
Got home at around 12pm... glad to be home :D
2 comments:
Your jouney seems a lot like the train journeys here in India! Endless scenery to see, people talking around and having endless cups of tea, thats how it is in India.
When I'm on the train, I just try and ignore everyone else around me, which unfortunately for her, included my little sister who was sitting next to me! I think we talked for around 5 minutes of the 2 1/2 hr journey, the rest of the time I was in my own little world staring out the windows.
Post a Comment