Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Australia have L.O.S.T the ashes :(

Writing the above line was slightly better than than putting it the other way around.. plus you don't want every page on the web to say the same thing.

This is what a newspaper in Australia had to say after we had lost to Bangladesh back in June..

"What's worse than a whingeing Englishman? Gloating Pommies. One day we'll lose the Ashes and it will be as horrific as waking up after a night on the drink in a room full of images of Camilla Parker Bowles."

At least it still hasn't sunk in...I was 3 years old when England last held the Ashes, so I obviously don't remember any other team than Australia winning them.

More later, after I've recovered :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aussies would prefer to forget this tour won't they?
Tell me how is the scene back home?
Still horrified?

But I think to be beaten by a team that has the likes of Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen is nothing to be ashamed about. What do you say?

Mary said...

Minal -
I don't mind Pietersen and Strauss (as they aren't fully poms!) but I guess the defeat will sink in fully in the next few days.. sigh! At least this makes 2007 a great series :)

Anonymous said...

Yuppie, The English won.....
but i wish we could have seen the match together. it would have been interesting naa, one english supporter vs andother aussie die hard fan.....