Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Aussie team are feeling the heat

Some comments from Ricky Ponting today..

"It would be unfair if it was my fault if we lost this Ashes series"

So Ricky is first, implying that we might lose this Ashes, and second saying that everyone else will blame him for it (well, I wouldn't want to be him if they do arrive back in Australia having lost the Ashes!)

"I'm the captain and leader of the side, but I'm not batting out there for everybody and I'm not bowling for everybody either..."

And no captain ever is! The captain has to be some sort of inspiration to his players, who will in turn give it their best shot for him. He is the captain of the side, but leader... I can think of other players who have lead the team better this series. Meanwhile, the ECB have booked Trafalgar Square for a victory parade in case they win this series (talk about piling more pressure on their players!)

I really don't know which way this next test match will fall.. I think it might all depend on one bowlers elbow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before the 4th Test Started, Warne said that the pressure is not on the Aussies even though the series was at 1-1. He said it is "them"(England) who have to perform and thus the pressure.

After the defeat in the 4th Test, Ponting still claimed "the crunch situation would lift some of the pressure off his side".

And now probably he is accepting the situation in more realistic terms. I am sure they are going to give a great fight and it's going to be a brilliant Test Match.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe Ponting is making such statements to the Press. The one about me not batting for everyone there!

It's not going to do any good for his team and will serve well for the Poms.
Aussies crackling under pressure! No Ponting not the way to go!

Did you not learn anything under Steve Waugh? Go get a crash course, I'm sure he would love to give you one!

Mary said...

Minal, - exactly, couldn't have written it better myself..if you feel the pressure you don't show it...and don't proclaim it to the media either

Anonymous said...

well there seems a lot of negative attitude in what Ponting said....

but, sorry to say, i'm glad the aussie lost.