Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm on the edge of my seat...hurry up 5 o'clock!

I'm sitting here in an ultra-hyper state.. the Ashes test gets underway at 5.15pm West-Australian time, and I really can't wait! To pass time I've been emailing tons of old penpals who for some strange reason all decided 2 days ago to remember me after around about 8 months of not emailing, and listening to U2 (currently Ultraviolet - light my way).

Today I went into town, amid the rain and wind (it was fun, we had to make a 200m run to the car.. it really started pouring :) to look for some postcards to send to a friend.. the lady at the post office desk asked if I wanted to buy stamps, despite the fact I was also buying a postage-paid envelope :P - can't people use their brains sometimes.. although I have to admit I am guilty of some silly stuff at work myself, like 2 weeks ago it was around 7pm and suddenly all the power went out - so me and the other girl, greeting customers as they came in said 'the power is out'.. to which they replied 'we can see that dear!'... sometimes you feel stupid!

Anway, just off to swimming training now, should be back just in time for the toss.. hoping that for some strange reason Ricky Ponting is ruled out just before the start, and Gilly or Warnie get to captain.. might give us a better chance.. (just kidding! I just hope Pontings tactics improve a bit, and he doesn't feel the need to mouth-off again!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Madam interesting day wasn't it:-) Can't wait to see some exciting cricket over the weekend!

Mary said...

Yes!! it was great..England had the initiative in the first hour, before Warnie siezed it back in the second :) I managed to stay awake until 9.10pm,I think it was around 41 overs.

Anonymous said...

Punter is a moron, the more I watch him captain Australia, more convinced I am that he shouldn't be doing it. Warney's just a bloody genius, too bad he's too old. It is amazing the way he just bends the game to his will almost. Class act!

Mary said...

Yay! someone else with the same opinion as me on Ricky Ponting :P you are a big Steve Waugh fan??!

Anonymous said...

Big would be an understatement! I have worshipped the man since I first saw him in 1985. I was only 6 then, but he has been the inspiration in everything I have done since.Hard times, tough exams, and everything else, I just had to think, " Ok, what would HE do?" and most often it would turn out fine. And as I say in my blog, I am the greatest SRW fan ever:-)

Mary said...

Steve Waugh is my ultimate hero! No-one else will ever come close!
his debut for Australia was when I was around 1 month old!..lol! so I don't remember him in 1985 :P The greatest momemnt of my life so far is when he gave me his autograph..he was SO nice :)

Anonymous said...

Great, we could all form a joint Indo-Australia Steve Waugh fan club :)

Btw, Mary, guess you must be happy..Aus 112/0 in reply :P

Mary said...

Great idea... I just wish that S.Waugh hadn't retired!! I am pleased that the aussies are 0/112, but I didn't get to see any cricket last night as I didn't get home from work until 10.30pm and they had already gone off for 'bad light' ..a somewhat strange choice, in my opinion, as the aussies NEED to win this match!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, well i feel warnie would have been a better captain. but ponting is much better than gilly....what do u say??