Thursday, August 04, 2005

Work

Last night we had a meeting (our boss had heard that all his fav. waitstaff were so unhappy that we all would quit), with the result being that N. is not going (I had sent him an SMS on Mon. night, telling him how good it was to work with him, and that me and all the other girls would really miss him if he quit.) so he has decided that he couldn't possibly quit, and now the boss had also got a manager for the restaurant who will implement all the rules, and fire anyone who isn't it line... The meeting was so long that I got home at midnight, but everything is going to be SO much better there now.. YAY! thank goodness it all turned out ok :)

Note: I think this whole episode has taught me that if you enjoy working with someone you should always tell them that you appreciate their help, cause you know that, but they may not!
I also realised that I was putting a lot of pressure on myself if everything wasn't done at work, even if there was no way humanly possible that I could get around to doing it, my younger sister helped point this out to me and I've relaxed a heap, cause there is no point in worrying about what I can't control. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"if you enjoy working with someone you should always tell them that you appreciate their help, cause you know that, but they may not!"
so true, not just work, but any thought that you have for someone should be told. and i dont mind telling them again and again.