Now, I don't usually like to get all 'soppy & romantic', but sometimes being a girl you just can't help that... here are my favourite song lyrics (translations thanks to bollywood lyrics.com)
'You are my Soniya' from K3G
I though that this line was really sweet -
Dekha tumko jab se, bas dekha tumko yaara
Ever since I saw you, I've only seen you
Tumse koi achha hai na tumse koi pyaara
There is no one better nor more loveable than you
Yun nazre na phero tum, mere ho mere tum
Don't turn your gaze like that, you are mine
'Yeh Ladka Hai Allah' from K3G
What can I say... the Shahrukh-Kajol paring in the song is great :)
Lab kahe na kahe, bolti hai nazar
Whether or not your lips say it, your gaze speaks
'Deewana Hai Dekho' from K3G
Kareena Kapoor looks great in pink!, but seriously this line is funny.. and Hrithik Roshan does an ok job on his lines, that really are TOO sweet!
Pehli baar dekha hai aisa
This is the first time I've seen
Ajnabi na ajnabi ke jaisa
A stranger who is not like a stranger
Hmm, aankhon mein doob jaane ko
To drown myself in her eyes
Hum beqaraar baithe hai
I am sitting restless
Ek pal mein sab lutaane ko
To give up everything in one moment
Uspe hi yaar baithe hai
Just for her I am waiting
Barson se ek chehraa dil mein rehta hai jo yaar
For years the one face that has been in my heart
Shaayad kahin usko hai hamaara intezaar
Maybe she is waiting for me
Haai re haai, kya kahe jab dekhe voh
Oh my, what do I say when I see her
Bharke aankhon mein pyaar
With love having filled my eyes?
'Bole Chudiyan' from K3G
I always laugh when I see this line, as this is practically what my 'sister-in-law!' tells my brother every day.. lol :) and the second set of lines... well it's Kajol-Shahrukh!
Haai haai main marjaawa marjaawa tere bin
Oh, I'd die, I'd die without you
Ab to meri raatein kat ti taare gin gin
Now my nights are spent in counting stars
Bas tujhko pukaara kare, meri bindiya ishaara kare
I just keep calling out to you, my bindi signals you
Apni maang suhaagan ho
May the part of my hair be adorned
Sang hameshaa saajan ho
May my love always be with me
Aake meri duniya mein vaapas na jaana
Having come into my life, don't go back
Sehra baandhke maahi tu mere ghar aana
Wearing the groom's garland, come to my house
'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' from KKHH
Ahhh... that is how you can fall for someone, even if it is SRK!
Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye
You came close, smiled like this
'Mere Khwaabon' from DDLJ
Kajol is sensational in this song.. it's also what every girl dreams of!
Mere khwaabon mein jo aaye
The one who comes in my dreams
Aake mujhe chhed jaaye
He comes and teases me
Usse kaho kabhi saamne to aaye
Tell him to come face-to-face with me sometime
'Kal Ho Naa Ho' from KHNH
I'm almost in tears every time the movie comes around to this song..he loves her, she loves him, but he's going to die, meanwhile 'Rohit' (!) also loves her...
Chaahe jo tumhe poore dil se
One who loves you whole-heartedly
Milta hai voh mushkil se
It is difficult meet that person
Aisa jo koi kahin hai
If there is someone like that somewhere
Bas vohi sab se haseen hai
That person is more beautiful than all
Us haath ko tum thaam lo
Grab onto that (person's) hand
Voh meherbaan kal ho naa ho
He or she may not be so gracious tomorrow
and my favourite line of all.... ( have maybe watched the song Koi Mil Gaya from KKHH about 50 times)
Koi Mil Gaya from KKHH
Meri Aankhon Mein Hai Woh
It's in my eyes
Meri Saanson Mein Hai Woh
It's in my heart
Now...off to put some sense back in my head...I had better go and check up on the cricket news on cricinfo!
1 comment:
Hmmmm, well my fav is "Suraj huya madham" from K3G
Post a Comment