N. told me on Friday that he has a new PC, but the only problem is that his optical mouse won't work...after telling him some general troubleshooting suggestions to get it to work again, he couldn't really follow them, and and so he rang me up on Saturday trying to get me to come over ... ( phone rings.. my Mum answers it 'oh Mary, it's for you.. it's N.' I roll my eyes, and turn my music down on my laptop)
Me 'hello'
N. 'hello, Mary, it's N.' ....I make a face to myself, as IF I didn't know his voice!
N. 'hey, Mary what are you doing right now?'
Me 'nothing'
N. 'oh, I was just wondering if I could come over and pick you up, and we could go over to my place and you could help me fix my problem with the mouse'
(ok... now I have to think quick..excuse.. ah! that's it
Me 'oh, actually I was talking to my brother about that, and I think you need a new mouse, so I don't think anything that I can do would work.' .. silence at the other end
N. 'ok, I'll see you tonight at 5 then. ok?'
Me. 'yep, see ya'
after I told my Mum what the phone call was about, she told me that I was a bit mean to him, I mean he only wanted to see me .. :P
so I decided to take my mouse into work for him, so he can see if that will work
Later on (about 10.30pm, at work)
Me. 'Hey N. I've brought a mouse for you to try on your computer'
N. (big smile) 'wow, thanks!'
Me. 'just shove it in and it should work fine'
N. 'where do I plug it'
Me (silently think to myself) Oh my GOD! he doesn't know where to plug a USB mouse into his computer... I didn't think any people like that existed anymore..well at least not anyone under 30!
Me (talking out loud now) 'ahhh.. just in the usb port N.'
N. 'where's that?'
Me (I start laughing now, I really can't help it! he's SO clueless :) 'just plug it where it fits N.'
Me 'ok, see you later'
N. 'ok, and I'll give you another indian dvd to watch when I see you next, ok'
Me 'ok'
3 comments:
you need not have been so mean ;-) poor N..he's so nice to you! One more DVD......ahem!
A.
Am I really that mean to him? c'mon give me some credit here, I mean, imagine how much he would like me if I acted really sweet to him all the time ... :P
he he!!! no wonder he couldnt get the mouse working!!!
Btw, who is this Mr N.
Post a Comment