Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Thanks Steve


This is the sign I have up on the outside of my bedroom door, I got it at Steve Waugh's last test match in WA it was October 2003, the newspapers were handing them out on the first day of the test, but I brought mine back on the 4th, and when he saw me holding it up in the stands, he smiled and gave me a thumbs-up, which led to the cameras being on me, and I was up on the big-screen at the ground! A whole heap of 12-13yr old boys in front of me instantly turned around and I could hear them say 'how can SHE know Steve Waugh?'. I keep the sign up on my bedroom door, because Steve Waugh was, and always will be the BEST captain in cricket history! When people come around to our house, and see my door at the end of the hallway, they ALL say 'Thanks Steve' then after a moment.. 'great sign, who's room is that?', I've never thought it strange that I would have a it up on my door, but a few people ask why would I keep it there, as he is retired now (they just don't get it!) . Thanks Steve, you're a legend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, how did i miss you???? i watched that match.

Anyways, keep the poster up dear.