I woke up this morning, checked the cricket result, and was extremely annoyed at myself, because last night I suddenly woke up for no apparent reason at 1.32am.. I had been dreaming that the cricket was an absolute down-to-the-wire thriller. I sat there in bed and thought 'what the heck! I should just get up and turn on the tv, just to be sure I'm not missing anything good.' but unfortunately my next thought was 'imagine how much trouble I will be in if it wakes up mum or dad ..eek!' and so went back to sleep.
10 minutes ago, in walks brother #2 - 'Hey Mary, I just recorded the cricket from about 11pm till after 1 last night'
YESSSSSS! he's just made my day :)
5 comments:
Wow. You dream cricket too. Let me tell you mine. But before that, this little incident: I do not know if you remember Titan cup played betn India, Australia and S.Africa.. I think it was 1997-98 season..there were three matches each to be played at the league stage and the first match betn India and Aus was to be in Bangalore. Taylor, in that match made his first ODI century while Aussies batted first. I think they made around 215. India, while chasing, not for the first time, made a whole mess of things. In the end about 50 runs were needed and two wickets were left. Local boys Srinath and Kumble played some thrilling cricket to take India home. I think that was the best ODI I ever witnessed. More here.
Meanwhile my expectations were raised to such a level for the rest two matches against Australia that, a night before the second match, I dreamt a *whole* match, again a thriller happening in Goa- the venue of the match. During the day, to my disappointment, the game was abandoned because of rain.
by the way, the third match went down the wire too. It was a cracker.More here.
My apologies, this has been a long comment.
Hi Truman,
That's a great comment..no I don't remember the Titan cup, I only started watching cricket in 1999. - Another cricket dream I had, was one night I dreamt that for some reason the Australian cricket team were standing in a line in the middle of a cricket field, and then just before the match was about to start, Steve Waugh just looked around at all of them, and started walking off, halfway off the field, his little son came and took his hand and walked off with him! Then the rest of the players started the match. - I woke up not having a clue what it was about, only to turn on my computer and find out that Steve Waugh was just about to announce his retirement :(
Mary, your dreams predict stuff! Steve Waugh walking off the ground field with his son probably meant he is leaving Cricket for the sake of his family.
Btw, just curious- Who's your captain? Steve or Ricky?
STEVE!!!!! The original & the best! I even got to 'meet' him and got his autograph at the WACA in 2003!
woa...dat was sweet of ur brother...
and yea, i remember the Titan cup Truman's refering to. it was a thriller...
Australia, surprisingly won just 1-2 matches...
South Africa won all the 3 matches against India, only to go on and lose the finals. it was such a nice tournament, one of my favorites....
Post a Comment