Something is wrong, very wrong!
I don't like little kids, I can see a baby and not feel like giving in a cuddle, I don't gaze at the all the little kids walking around at shops, I only like very well behaved, sweet little children. I don't find a little kid eating and getting it everywhere very funny, I find it gross.. and that's how it should be with me. Every so often I will play with my cousins, hold their hands, and maybe just maybe cuddle my favourite 9 month old cousin.
But, something very strange has happened, and last night it happened again
I saw a table of children at the restaurant. Usually this would mean I would think about all the mess they were going to make, and the fact that I would be the one to clean it up (the others are all terrified of cleaning a highchair!)
But.. it didn't happen, I wasn't upset, I didn't joke about it.
I thought all 3 of the kids (aged around 6, 4 and 2) were utterly cute.
I was serving the table, and the Dad said 'I can tell you love kids' *cough, choke* excuse me?!! I what kids? he continued.. 'you can take a couple of them if you like' he joked. I did a triple-double take, took a deep breath, muttered something about being too young anyway, and said 'oh, I'm already from a family of 6 kids' 'Oh' he replied 'All the better then, you won't even notice them!'
I ran hurriedly back to N. behind the bar, he was engrossed in the newspaper crossword-thingy where you make as many words as you can with 10 letters. 'N, they think I love kids!!!' 'Don't worry' N said 'Not you!' But they were sweet - even when they started making their tandoori chicken into buildings on top of their rice.
..What on earth has happened?
(Checks her temperature, heart-rate and pinches herself) Nope. still awake.. damn! Then this is for real :(
Last week there was at least 2 other kids I liked, so it's no once-off, I start writing on my blog about how I love a little boy from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Something very, very weird is happening, and I have a suspicion this must be the unmentionable thing that happens to you when you get near 20 years old.. You start thinking little children are cute! just no-one else who is already in their 20s tells you 'cause otherwise you'll be totally freaked out, and no-one would ever want to get to 20.
2 comments:
Could we be seeing the birth of a more mellowed and maternal Mary ;)
Also as to verify to ur words abt Steve Waugh here a neat article
:P I certainly hope not!
That is a great stat about Steve Waugh.. just shows how awesome he is!
Post a Comment