Monday, October 10, 2005

My MoM awards

I have decided to give out MoM awards, no not Man-of-the-match awards, but Moment-of-the-match awards.

Super Series 3rd Match

1. Brett Lee removing Brian Lara for 0
He had just got Kallis out the ball before, and this sent everyone nuts! I was supposedly helping my sisters cook dinner, instead I dropped what I was doing and screamed YEEEESSSS!

2. Shane Watson running out Virender Sehwag
WOW! this was great - to see a fielder, who had just bowled the ball too! fly past the stumps horizontally faster than the batsmen was just awesome!

3. Mike Hussey hits the roof
The roof is 38 meters high for goodness sake!, how on earth he managed to do this even he still doesn't know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not get to see the matches live:-(
But Aussies must be on nth heaven.
Completely disappointed with World XI. Atleast you can put up a fight!

You need a common goal. Aussies as a team had a point to prove, the World XI were aimless! And when there is no goal in sport as in life, you dunno where you are heading to and you simply lose your way!

Mary said...

Minal - :( That is unlucky you didn't get to see the matches live. I was disappointed in the World XI for the whole series too - except for Murali and Sanga :D

Totally agree with you on the fact that they needed a goal to aim for, that is very true :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the test match will throw up some better cricketing action :( ........the one dayers were most dissapointing

Mary said...

Rohan - I'm hoping that too :) At least the last 2 test matches at the SCG have been great (S Waugh's retirement test and his 100 against the Poms the year before)

Anonymous said...

i agree with Minal. If one has to loose, there is a way for that! Not like this!

Mary said...

Truman - So you mean they should 'lose like an Aussie?' :)