Well, that was as far as it got until 10.30pm last night. My 14-yr old brother was just sitting on his PC as usual, while I was eating dinner with my twin sister.. we were just discussing our favourite song video clips, when we came across a question we wanted to ask him Hey, we scream so do you think that Andrea from The Corrs is pretty? (both my sister and I think she's SO gorgeous, but our younger sister thinks she's "quote" 'pointy and you girls look sooo much better) ok, we didn't mind the compliment from her, but I'm not jealous if I think another female looks better than I, and I think that she does! So we had decided to ask a guy's opinion on the matter.. We bring up the video clip 'So Young' and say 'Her, that one - whaddaya think?' Hmmmm.. he says I don't really know! 'is she pointy?' we say (whatever pointy is!) I dunno He says. And then it happens.. 'Hey' he says and lowers his voice (good thing too, the two PDA-ers are just 20m but 2 closed doors away!) 'Do you know what I saw last night?' WHAAAT?? C. and myself both say.. 'oh, you guys have gotta promise me you're not going to tell P. about this!' he pleads.. 'He can't know that you know that I know that I saw' Saw what?! we say, now forming unpleasant images of some sort of PDA in our heads. 'Well' he continues 'don't say I saw it, but I was just walking past them last night and they were *long pause* well *pauses again* What was it T? We both say 'Umm, I can't really tell you but it was sorta like hugging' C. & I both look at him and laugh You're not going to tell us, are you T? don't worry, we really don't want to hear! 'But you know something else? he says 'You know that ring that she gave him..how it's "just a friendship ring" Well, I heard him on the phone the other day, and he was like "Yeah, they all think it's a friendship ring *laughter* but we know" How crazy is that!'
This whole chain of events made us think about how qualified or un-qualified people are.. how many PDA's do you know? I sure know the world would become a easier place if you just looked down at someone's name, saw they liked to .sh, .sk and ran as fast as you can in the other direction! So, without further ado, here is the list.
So your name could look something like this -
Joe Blogs PDA.sh.sk.h.p.bis
- .sh - Social hugger - these people hug everyone they meet, you know the kind who greet you with a hug.
- .sk - Social kisser - usually comes hand-in-hand or should that be arm around you with the social hugger, watch out, these people kiss you on meeting.
- .h - Hand holder - an excuse to hold hands is top of these peoples lists.
- .ph - Passionate hug - this doesn't necessarily happen in public, usually in the home and with ones boyfriend/girlfriend.
- .pk - Passionate kiss - same as above, except you will be careful about doing it when parents are around.
- .s - Social smiler - they love to smile at everyone.
- .ts - Two stories - ok, these people have two sides to every story, one to the family, one to the sweetheart. 'It's just a friendship ring' or 'We know what it is darling'
- .p - The phoner - they phone every lunch break, dinner break, and any break whatsoever to say 'I really miss you sweetie'
- .hoh - Hits on her/him - beware! they are likely to 'hit' on a member of the opposite sex, by proclaiming their adoration to a complete stranger.
- .bis - Breaks into song - this guy/girl has only one way of expressing their affections, you could just be innocently walking down the street and WHAM! it hits! suddenly there is a guy breaking out into song, complete with rain storms, 20 backing dancers and what's worse.. he's singing for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment