Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sri Lankan Superstars

What about the contributions of the Sri Lankan duo in this Super Series?
Muttiah Muralitharan (who has Muralidaran listed on his shirt!) has been the best performing bowler for the world, and Kumar Sangakkara has been the best batsman by quite some way! Hopefully this will give them the confidence to perform well when they come over to Australia this summer for the VB Series.


Sangakkara playing another beautiful stroke (photo from Getty Images via Cricinfo)


Sangakkara especially has gained my utmost respect and admiration - his stroke play is breathtaking in a different way than Gilchrist or Gayle, but none the less for it. I think we are looking at a future captain of Sri Lanka here. And I am his new fan! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, this guy has come of age. Just out of the blues! I like him too.

I had high hopes from M Jayawardne.. I thought he reminded me of players of the class of Attapattu and Dravid but he is so inconsistent.

Mary said...

Truman - :)

Jayawardne.. ahhh around 2 years back I loved him as a player, and I too had high hopes that he would one day captain Sri Lanka - you know what I really love about the Sri Lankan cricketers? they are always, always smiling!