Steve Waugh's autobiography 'Out Of My Comfort Zone' has been released! and my family have been duly informed that if I can wait that long (21 days now!) they have to put 'Out of my Comfort Zone' on the top of my birthday list :D
I really can't wait to read all 200,000 words of it - when he was writing it, he did it all longhand and suffered RSI, so could only write for around 15mins at a time.
I've read all of his tour diaries and gained so much from them - how to never give up, no matter what is what I admire him most for. He did the very best he could with his god-given talents, and that truly makes him special..
And as for me - whenever I see a news item on tv, article about the book, whatever, - I just sigh and say 'oh, how much do I wish he was still playing!' His love of India really rubbed of onto me as well - I read all about his impressions of it in his diaries (I already liked India, but he made me love it!) and I was determined to go and watch at least one day of test match cricket or a ODI at Eden Gardens :)
One thing I'm 100 percent sure of though, is he'll make an impression somewhere doing something good in the world. YOU'RE MY HERO STEVE!
10 comments:
I m sure it will make a fascinating read that book, lucky u getting it for ur bday present. Most ppl in India admire Steve very much for the way he played the game and set an example for all other gr88's to follow.
Rohan - I really can't wait to read it! Steve is really admired over here in Aus too :D
Steve sure was one of the best captains Aus has ever produced. I love him for the charity work he does in India as much as for his cricket.
Dinesh - Yes, the charity work he does is great :) I love it when people with a high profile in society use that for a greater good :)
even I am looking forward to the book!
Truman - :D anyone in this world who isn't looking forward to this book should be banned!
Sorry for the late comment. The best bday gift a cricket fan could hope for this book. Enjoy:-)
? That's weird it says 'this comment has been removed by the author.. wonder who deleted it? anyone who knows please tell me!
Tugga - :) yes it sure will be if my family oblige and get it for me.. the latest opinion on the matter is 'get it yourself Mary'
:( They don't understand!
Post a Comment