Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Favourite TV shows

I rarely watch anything but sport on TV, but when I do, these are my favourite shows...

Global Village, SBS

This show is about the day to day lives of people over 4 million kilometers and 160 countries 'From Buick taxi drivers in Syria, to the annual prosciutto festival in northern Italy; from cocoa bean plantations in Venezuela to light-aircraft fanatics in France; from bird singing competitions in Indonesia to fencers in outback Australia; from the Nihang warrior caste in India to the royal sport of falconry in Abu Dhabi.'

Thalassa, SBS

This is a series about people's livelihoods and traditions connected with the sea, usually featuring a family.. I remember one episode I watched was set somewhere in Africa where they took an boat overloaded with fish sellers to the fish markets - at the end of the show they told us in an update that most of the people had died when the boat sunk later in the year - I was devastated. I usually try and watch it every week.. my favourite episode so far was set in Kerala, I had turned it on late, so didn't know where they were, I immediately said India, then 2 minutes later thought South India, then another minute on I was sure it was Kerala.. and I was right!

Lizzie McGuire, ABC

I love this show! :D It's about the life and school problems of Lizzie McGuire (Hilary Duff) and her friends Miranda ( La Laine) and Gordo ( Adam Lanberg) It's just fairyfloss entertainment.. and I can never pull myself away from it to go to work, but alas have to!

No comments: