I've spent the whole afternoon updating the website for Bunbury Swimming Club, the club I swim for, I am the Vice-captain and also records officer. I hadn't done anything to it since this time last year (!) and suddenly thought it would be great if I had it all nice and updated.. so 4hrs later I've switched it from tripod to our dot-com address, and started the slow process of updating it, I found a nice WYSIWYG editor in Nvu, (I used to use Dreamweaver, but the 30 day trial has ran out 1yr back!) and while working away, I was on Yahoo launch listening to music videos (yes, you read right! listening to videos! I can never be bothered watching them unless they are real great!) and anyways, I was came around to listening to 'Runaway' by The Corrs and when the video you selected has finished.. it plays another random one.. and I was just about to close the window.. and it said 'White Flag' by Dido - 'Hey!' I thought.. T. just mailed me the other day and asked if I knew Dido.. I said I had never heard of the name.. so I was curious as to what it would sound like.. and then it suddenly hit me! It was IT! the last song I could never find the name to that they played at the WACA when I met Steve Waugh :D Through various other means I had discovered the other 4 songs.. 'Better be home soon' was easy, my brother knew that was by Crowded House, I discovered that 'Captain' was a Kasey Chambers song while going through my local video store 2 years back, 'Great Southern Land' by Icehouse was featured on a tv commercial, and finally around 2 months back A. sent me some songs, one of which was 'Yellow' by Coldplay.. hmm, he actually had me in tears listening to it :)
So all I can say is yay! 2 full years on I've finally worked out the names of all 5 songs they played that day at the WACA.
No comments:
Post a Comment