Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Soundtracks

In the last few days I've been listening to the soundtracks from Chalte Chalte, Bunty aur Babli and Salaam Namaste as my sisters have recently got the CDs.

Chalte Chalte.. I just love Tauba Tumhaare Yeh Ishaare and Chalte Chalte.. but my lil brother loves Gum Shuda.

Bunty aur Babli.. Chup Chup Ke - some songs bring back memories, and when I listen to this song I start dreaming of my future :) (don't worry it's all good!)

Salaam Namaste .. This movie is set Down Under.. what more could you want?! My dil goes Mmmm is a good one.

**This is my 99th post**

Since this is my 99th post, it can be my 99th-not-out post, just as a certain Steve Waugh was after his twin brother (acting as a runner for McDermott) ran himself out.. don't worry Steve, I know how you feel.. your twin always stuffs it up!

******************************

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Swades and Parineeta too they have some real good music too and cut the lil bro Mark Waugh some slack ;)

Mary said...

Rohan - Thanks :) I'll get those cds too...Have you heard what Mark Waugh said when Steve was the top batsmen in the world according to the PWC ratings? 'He's not even the best batsmen in his own family!'

Anonymous said...

My ears, eyes and heart are full of Aishwarya after seeing 'Kajrarey kajrarey...tere kaare kaare naina'. And Alisha has sung it well. 'Nach Baliye' from BnB again, is very dancable too.
And like ur bro, 'Gumshuda' is my fave from chalte-chalte.

Mary said...

Dinesh - totally agree with you, Kajra re and Nach baliye are both great to dance to.. I keep humming Kajra re over & over & over :P

Gum shuda is a nice song.. I liked the scenes in the movie during that song where Shahrukh keeps spotting Rani in everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Try getting your hands on Deedar de and Dus bahane from Dus as well as the title track of "Dil jo bhi kahe" good beats!

Hmm twin rants:-) I never thought Steve and Mark were great buddies depsite being twins!

Anonymous said...

Are u sure it was Mark Waugh who said that? I think it was Rod Marsh or someone who actually said that. Mark's got more brains than that, I should think!

Mary said...

Minal - I've heard a 60 second clip from Dus bahane.. it was a catchy song :)

Ahh.. But it is great fun being a twin sometimes too :) It's just more fun to stir the other one up!

Mary said...

Tugga - You are probably right! I had thought that Junior had said that comment, but it was a few years ago.. it is more probable that Rod Marsh did.

Have you ever got to see Mark play live? I got to see his last 1st class cricket game in WA, he scored 2 x 50s and hit 3 x 6s - he could just make hitting a six look like zero effort :D

Mary said...

I just had another thought on the 'twin jokes' subject we seem to have going here.

When I went to Steve & Mark's last game at the WACA, I had a big sign.. on one side it said 'GO TUGGA!' and on the other 'GO JUNIOR!' so what me & my sister did was when Steve was batting at the end he could see our sign, we had it on the 'GO TUGGA' side, and when Mark was we had 'GO JUNIOR'.

When they were fielding at 1st and 2nd slips, I would have it on the 'GO TUGGA' side until Steve nudged Mark, and pointed it out to him... then we would change it to the 'GO JUNIOR' side.. and Mark would smile and give us a thumbs-up! It was just hilarious to see them both checking who was 'on' the sign for the whole 4 days of the match :)

Anonymous said...

I probably might be ruffling a few feathers but Mark Waugh was in my opinion a better and more gifted batsman in the sense that he had more shots in is armoury than Steve and I think more ppl wud pay to watch him bat than Steve as Mark made batting look like a piece of cake while he was there. Having said that I think Steve despite all his limitataions as a batsman was a more grittier cricketer who had a better temperament for the game and I guess that reflects on his records.

Mary said...

Rohan - I think that Mark definitely was the better batsman.. But Steve was the one who made the most of what he had :)

Seeing the crowds that came 'cos Steve Waugh was playing 1st class matches shows that people pay to watch him bat as much as anyone I've seen. Over here in Aus he is a living legend!

When I saw the test side play for the first time, Mark had already been dropped, but judging by how they played when I was there, I was least impressed by Ponting, and most impressed by Hayden (he got a WR, so it had to be good!), Gilchrist (equal fastest 100 in Aus) and Steve Waugh (he got 88 runs).