"It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it"
You're finally going home - this time forever.
Your Australian visa has been cancelled, and by this time next week you will be home.
You broke the news to me at work last night, I was really happy for you as you haven't seen you family for over 2 years now, but it nearly floored me.. I couldn't live with the thought I might never see you again.
From the first time I met you, which was me walking straight past you ignoring your "Hello Ma'm" and asking someone who was older if I could have a job - you looked 20 years old to me, and I was spot on, you could never trick me about your age - To the time when I came back for an interview and while I was waiting for the boss to arrive you asked me what the best clubs were.. and I had to ask what sport you wanted to play, as I didn't know what night clubs were.
I started my own Bollywood movie 'script' on the hilarious interactions and conversations you had with me, you were my very own Rohit, in our Karan-Johar like movie.
My first blog post you starred in was as N. in 'Swap' you always wanted to become an Aussie while I wished I was Indian like you.
You were the one who gave me my first Bollywood movie to watch, Mohabbatein, followed by Kal Ho Naa Ho (your favourite, which also became mine) and Hum Tum.
I remember the first (and last) time you came around to my house, you were almost to scared to come in, and wanted to drop me on the road instead, - I've never seen anyone so scared of my father as you were!
Our movie was 'Yeh Ishq Jaane Kaise Hua' as I really didn't know why you seemed to like me.. I always tried to stop you thinking you did like me, as I knew it would never work, we were too different from each other.
In part 1 I found out that you would like to marry a girl exactly like me.
Part 2 saw you give me some not-so-subtle hints that you liked me, and part 3 saw a twist in the movie, with you being left out of the rain-song-and-dance that is the normal turn of events in any romantic Bollywood movie.
Then in part 4 scenes 1 & 2 you were at it again, your normal past-time of telling me about all the 'hot' girls you had tried to chat-up.
In part 5 you tried to ask a girl out over the phone. Part 6 saw you offer me dating advice and in part 7 you had resorted to using a predictor ball to convince me I would marry you.
I once convinced you to not quit your job by sending you an sms, which I only found out by another girl telling me... you were so touched that I appreciated working with you that you had a change of heart and kept working. You also sent me some sweet texts as well.
You reassured me when I though maybe was starting to like little children.
You tried to change for me, you gave up your two loves, drinking and smoking numerous times to impress me, and even wondered if you were too loud for me.
You were like my older brother sometimes, you often told me what you would do if anyone tried anything 'funny' with me, you made sure I always felt safe and never let me serve drunk people or anyone you considered 'dodgy'.
You got annoyed when Indian guys tried to 'chat me up' as you called it, you told me you would like them kicked out of Australia.. You were also upset when someone proposed to me.
You finally got me to go out to coffee with you about 3 months ago.. we sat there and argued about whether Muslims should marry non-muslims ( I thought they could, you thought they couldn't) , and you told me that you thought if we met each other again in 5 years time I would be married and you would still be single.
We could of kept in touch over email, but you didn't have a clue when it came to computers!
I'll really miss you.. have a great time in Kenya and I wish you all the best in whatever happens next :)
5 comments:
“Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these wonderful people how much they mean to you.”
All the best to your friend..
Oh..
Take care of yourself!
And throw a nice party for your friend! Warm wishes for your buddy!
@ Arjun - :) I'll tell him just how much his friendship meant to me.. the hardest thing is knowing when you have to say goodbye to a friend, possibly never to meet again.
@ Rohit - Thanks :) He's too busy for a party before he goes, but I'll give him a card, and get him to give me every single possible way to contact him back in Kenya!
Hey, Update!
@ Rohit - Ok, ok :D I will when I get some time!
Post a Comment