Friday, February 17, 2006

Ti amero, il divo!

Ever been inspired? Ever thought it can't get any better than this...?

Then listen to the hauntingly beautiful sounds of IL DIVO..
(shameless plug for my latest passion!)

On Wednesday night around 11pm I was eating dinner and chatting to my sister Cl. who had just come back from work, and she was sitting on the PC and just started playing some gorgeous songs.. and sure enough - bingo! my latest all-consuming passion is listening to Il Divo :D

So I did a little research into what and who these great singers are..
4 guys - David Miler (American), Sebastien Izambard (French), Urs Buhler (Swiss) and Carlos Marin (Spanish) were head-hunted by the producers of the 'Backstreet Boys' from all corners of the globe to from a 'popera' group.

There first album 'Il Divo' was the biggest selling album without a single release, and they hit number one in 13 countries - including triple-platinum here in Australia!


They sing in a variety of languages, but mainly Italian or Spanish.

My favourite song so far has to be 'Ti amero' (I love you) sung in Italian, it is somewhat of a familiar language to me, considering both my parents speak it. Other songs not to miss are Isabel (Spanish), Solo Otra Vez (All by myself) and Regressa Mi (Unbreak my heart).

All I know is, our neighborhood must find us to be very strange people.. always playing music at top volume which possible annoys them .. only thing is - it's always foreign music! From Hindi film music to German Rammstein (my brother) and now the Italian & Spanish strains of Il Divo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, I will try to get hold of 'em sometime. Its perfect for me to listen to a song whose lyrics you cant understand, then you can concentrate on your job, at the same time enjoy good tunes otherwise I will start to sing :-). I listen to Corrs' a lot, its nice. I have got so much used to listening music that its hard to imagine a life without them.

Mary said...

You listen to the Corrs :O ? really! I love their songs :)

I agree with you on listening to 'foreign' songs btw, I do the same while studying.. I found listening to il divo helped me when playing 'literati' on yahoo anyway.. :)

Something I realized was I know the lyrics of Hindi songs better than the Italian & Spanish songs.. strange due to the fact I have a strong Spanish & Italian heritage!

Anonymous said...

I can't understand Spanish :-(

Mary said...

@ Tarun - Well I couldn't understand a word of Hindi when I watched my first Bollywood movie..language grows on you :)