Picture this.
You're sitting in a darkened room, and suddenly you see a guy standing next to you.. He asks if he may talk to you.. you agree.
'Do you like Bollywood movies?, and have you watched many?'
'I love them, I've watched heaps of them too.'
You turn your gaze away, and look back.. He's down on his knees in front of you.. arms extended, hands out - palms up.
You don't say a word.. just stare at him.
He doesn't say a word either, just motions for you to place your hand in his.
You place your hand in his, and he squeezes it gently. You start hearing strains of music in the background .. "Tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kahe.."
He looks into your eyes and says.......... 'Marry me'
You look around, the darkened room is a theatre, seating 200 people all watching opening night of a Bollywood dance show, the music in the background is scene 7, and there are 10 dancers all performing to the music of 'Tumse milke dil ka'.. you look further, people are no longer looking at the stage, they are looking at you and the Indian guy currently kneeling in front of you.
'What's your name?' he asks.
You gaze at him for a full minute, not really there.
'Mary' you say.
'You are very beautiful' he says, meanwhile you blush.
'Don't blush, you are very beautiful' he says. 'I think you are very, very beautiful'.
You start smiling/laughing.. this is too much!
'Please come and join our dance group... I''ll teach you how to dance' he says.
And he runs back quickly onto stage to complete his show.
Last night someone proposed to me - and that someone was one of the lead dancers of 'The Merchants of Bollywood' currently touring Australia.
6 comments:
Incredible!
You said it! - I was so shocked for the rest of the dance show!
Mary so what did you answer dear;-)
Minal - :) maybe that's a secret!
Actually.. I didn't say anything.. I just stared at him - I mean, it was the first time I've ever been proposed to :D
Congratulations...or do u say Kangaaroo-relations in australia? Good for u..:)
Dinesh... LOL! He wanted to meet me afterwards.. I shot though ASAP to avoid the potentially crazy situation :P
I've often said (jokingly) that if a guy ever dared propose to me infront of lots of ppl (in a restaurant etc) no matter how much I loved him I would say no.. imagine my horror when a lead dancer does it in the middle of a show!!
And I can tell you I've well & truly been teased and joked about all week b'cos of this incident:)
Post a Comment