Monday, February 13, 2006

Zaara awaiting her Veer .. ;)


Aishwarya as Meghana and Shahrukh as Raj


Valentine's Day - strangely enough I always associate this day with our Alaskan Malamute x German Shepherd's birthday :) (happy birthday Ishtar!) barring that I decided to do a compilation of my favourite 'love' lines, quotes and such.. enjoy!

Aankhen khuli ho ya ho band
Whether the eyes are open or closed
Deedar unka hota hai
You see her
Kaise kahoon main o yaara yeh pyaar kaise hota hai
How can I say, oh friend, what this love is like
- from Mohabbatein


Humko humise chura lo, dil mein kahin tum chhupa lo
Rob me from myself, keep me hidden in your heart
Hum akele kho naa jaaye, door tumse ho naa jaaye
So that I won't get lost alone, so that I can't go far from you
Paas aao gale se lagaa lo
Come close, embrace me
- from Mohabbatein

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back!
Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart - but if it doesn't,
be content it grew in yours.
It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone,
an hour to like someone,
and a day to love someone,
but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

All translations courtesy of Bollywoodlyrics.com



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you really are stuck into Hindi movies, songs and their lyrics! Do you actually understand Hindi? or its just that you caught up with them reading their subtitles in english? BTW, Happy Valentines Day.

Anonymous said...

I liked your last compilation. It sums up the meaning comprehensively. This is one of my favorites by Emerson on love -
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Anonymous said...

SRK really rules the hearts of millions and you stand out in that I reckon!

Cheers.

Mary said...

@ Bunty - Yes I am! I do understand a little bit of Hindi, but am about to study it.. so should get lots better :)

Thanks for the V-Day wishes.. you too!.. and welcome to my blog!

@ Arjun - Yeah I had read that last quote on a friends website :) It's a nice one :)

Love that quote you posted as well! It is exactly right!

@ Dinesh - Ahh... I've fallen for him way too many times.. everytime I hear the strains of 'Main Yahaan Hoon..' it's love again :)

Mary said...

Hmmm... my comments keep disappearing and re-appearing on me :( :(

@ Arjun.. btw I've used that lovely quote you wrote there as my 'quote of the week in my planner' :)

Anonymous said...

Great! I was planning on writing a blog on my favorite quotes, they always refresh your mind, will do when I find time..

Anonymous said...

you should get an award for being able to tolerate Mohabbatein songs :) !!

ever listened to dil to pagal hai?

Mary said...

@ Arvind - I LOVE the songs from Mohabbatein.. and I've listened to 2 songs from Dil to pagal hai..