I had a good 20th Birthday, and the 'funny' joke that everyone says to you is 'do you remember your 10th birthday' to which I reply 'of course' and tell them what presents I got etc, 'well, then' they say 'you'll soon be in your 30s' arghh!!!! It's bad enough to now be in my 20s, luckily some little kid is yet to ask me 'how old are you?' :P it will be so embarrassing saying 'I'm twenty' :O But being 20yrs old has for some reason suddenly made me insanely busy, I've barely had time to look at my laptop since Monday, much less sit down and catch up with everything on it.
I eventually decided on the same birthday cake as last year, I love sponge/cream/strawberry cakes so I made one.. this is what it turned out like

I got what my heart desired.. Steve Waugh's autobiography!, as well as Mark Waugh's biography.. again! I now have two copies as my sister had already bought it for me for my birthday present .. but I saw it in the bookshop last week and bought it as well! I also got some lovely cards, and more books! Even a parcel and sweet card from the US (thanks!) (I seem to get lots of books every birthday, and I love that!) 
Yesterday Australia beat Uruguay!!! YES!!! The best thing about that is the head honchos of soccer are always conspiring against Australia, and now we're in their World Cup!!! :)))
Even my parents, both of which think soccer is the most boring game to walk the earth, watched every minute of Australia's qualifier last night, I didn't because I was having a boring time at work (Aussie's don't go out when any sport is on TV) so consequently restaurants are empty.
8 comments:
Absolutely love that picture of the cake. I mean, did you really have to put it here to make us realise what we are missing? So what, if I had a dark chocolate pastry less than 20 mins back...
Interesting that you have the Mark Waugh book, I have it too, my cousin bought it for me when he was in Australia. An interesting observation, his brother does handwritten books, while he-of-the-regal-style-and-lazy-disposition only has biographies and no autobiographies:-)
Truman - Of course I had to put that picture there :) The worst thing about that cake was we only ate 1/2 at my party, and my Dad put it away in the wrong fridge overnight (not cold enough) and the other 1/2 of the cake went bad :(
Tugga - I have 2 copies of the same Mark Waugh book actually :P ! That's a good observation about their books..How much of Steve's autobiography have you read? I've only read the first chapter so far.
Wishing you a belated happy birthday...
Looks like you had a gr8 one..sorry for the belated wishes!
Minal - Thanks a lot! :) I had a great time!
Thank you :)
and this is an interesting blog. Is bollywood popular there in Aus?
And about the Steve Waugh biography 'out of my comfort zone', I expected Saurav Ganguly to write the foreword lol :)
Arvind - Thanks :)
Bollywood is kind of popular here in Australia, but mainly with the ex-pat Indian community I guess. We do get a Bollywood film festival here once a year, and that's fairly popular.
LOL! I would have loved to read what Saurav would have written had he done it!!
Post a Comment