
There are moments in sport, and life, that you wish you could press record - and then forever rewind and re-watch them. Today I saw one such moment...
Brett Lee, criticized in every paper this morning in Australia, took his first 5 wicket haul in 4 years, not only that, they were career-best figures, 5/30.
Lee, supported by a 4-wicket haul by Nathan Bracken, and one wicket by Shane Watson helped Australia bowl out a team for the first time in 157 completed innings without Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath getting a wicket.
Steve Waugh always had faith in Lee, and I always have loved the way he plays the game. You've shown your critics Lee, and in the best way possible!
THE moment! I could watch Lee's reaction forever :DPhoto from Getty Images via Cricinfo
6 comments:
Great. Absolutely refreshing to see this picture. Lee has come of age now. This guy will only get better.
What I like about him is that he does not mess up with the line/length while concentrating on pace :)
Truman - You know what another great thing about Lee is?
He is such a great role-model for younger kids.. my little brother is 'Brett Lee' all day long, and the good thing is, Brett Lee is always promoting positive stuff :)
Dravid fan, eh? :-)
I like Brett Lee's attitude. I don't think I have seen him down at all, ever. He is always upbeat and has a tendency to radiate the positive energy to all around him.
RPM - Thank you for the comment. Dravid is wonderful :D and isn't he doing a great job as Indian captain?!
Yeah, Brett Lee must be great to have around the team and like you say, I don't think I've seen him down either.. he's always smiling :)
I am not sure if Dravid is truly working any magic or not. If you read some of my old posts, you'd see that I did not like the way Ganguly was booted out and there was no real reason why he was in fact 'dismissed'.
But bottomline, I am happy for 'Team India' that they have done so well in the current series. I am not declaring victory yet, because Sri Lanka seems to be woeful. What will be interesting is how they play against teams that come back and how they will play under pressure of winning a final or winning a decider.
But I am happy.
And oh yea, Sachin is back! :-)
RPM - I kinda agree with you there.. I remember when India played really well under Ganguly as well.. I am a little sad to see him go - he was a great ODI player for India.
I'm glad Sachin is back too :D he is a legend all over the world!
Post a Comment