Thursday, December 01, 2005

My top 10

I'm just sitting at my computer studying 'BFD 109 - Designing Principles' and at the start of the chapter it informs me that I have to review chapter 106 - Fabric Selection, and cause I have read it already several times while writing an assignment on that subject I decided to start listening to some music, and anyway I always do listen to music while I study (it keeps me concentrating! hehe!) I was fiddling round with i-tunes while reading intently :) and here is my top 10 listened to songs...


1. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of - U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind - 50 times

Ever since A. gave me this song, and told me about the most AWESOME video clip they have for it, I've loved it.. I guess I'm stuck on it!

2. Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden - 47 times

This song was released in Australia in the year 2000, and I had heard of it, but not really the whole song until watching a documentary on TV called 'Love is in the air' about the most successful Aussie songs of all time.. it also has a great video clip. The lyrics are just sensational. In my opinion, one of the best Australian songs ever.

Fav. Lyric 'I love you more with every breath Truly madly deeply do.. '

3. Walk On - U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind - 46 times

Mmmmm.. I really like the sound of this song

4. City Of Blinding Lights - U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - 44 times

Fav. Lyric 'And I miss you when you're not around I'm getting ready to leave the ground'

5. I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden - Affirmation - 42 times

6. Affirmation - Savage Garden - Affirmation - 40 times

This song has amazing lyrics,
'I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye'

= 7. Incomplete - Backstreet Boys - 38 times

= 7. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys - Millennium - 38 times

Heh, you'll never believe why I like this song, well, there is this little kids cartoon character called 'Arthur' and we watched the 'Arthur Movie' back in 2000, and they had the Backstreet Boys in the 'movie' :P It was cute, so I like the song!

= 9. Ultraviolet (Light My Way) - U2 - Achtung Baby - 36 times


= 9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - 36 times

I love this line..
'And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own'
Sigh!.. that's so sweet :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are a big U2 fan! I love U2. I don't listen to itunes much because while I am at work, I tend to listen to Launch.Yahoo.com and play my customized station. But it does get a lot of U2 played :-)

Anonymous said...

Have you listened to the Corrs? Great songs:-)

Mary said...

RPM - Yes, I do like U2 :)
Oh, Yahoo launch is great.. I tend to watch the music videos on that though.

Mary said...

Minal - I love listening to the Corrs!!, they have the most beautiful Irish voices :)

I think my fav. Corrs song at the moment in 'Summer Sunshine' the reason they aren't in my itunes top 10 is I used to listen to them on yahoo launch until my twin sister got a Corrs CD for her birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Bono is GOD!

Anyway, did you finish reading THE BOOK?

Mary said...

Tugga - U love U2 2? lol!

I'm only onto page 55, cause if I like a book, I don't ever want to finish it, so I make sure I read it slowly, otherwise I would have read it all by now ;)

Anonymous said...

I used to love Savage Garden. Do they still make music?

Mary said...

Brewtus - Savage Garden have broken up :( but they did release a 'best of' CD called 'Truly Madly Completely' and now Darren Hayes has a solo career.

Anonymous said...

Hey nice choice :)

Since you seem to like both the corrs and U2, have you heard 'summer wine' and 'when the stars go blue' ?

Anonymous said...

Hey nice posts.At last my notion that women are not cricket buffs.about U2 i think elevation,kiss me kill me trill (from an old batman movie)&beautiful day are favourite tracks. Draivd id genuinely good batsman this is nearly a decade old belief.

Mary said...

Arvind - Thank you :)

I have heard 'When the stars go blue' The Corrs & U2 sound so good together!

Mary said...

Tarun - :) Hey, thanks! & welcome to my blog :)

I really like 'Beautiful Day' (listening to it right now actually!)

Dravid is a wonderful batsman.. especially against the aussies!

Anonymous said...

Dravid is good. But against Aussies, Lara and Laxman are better!!!

Heard U2 cover versions by Pet Shop Boys?? They are brilliant!

Mary said...

Arvind - Ohhh.. Laxman! Every young cricketer in my brother's club all aspire to play just like him.. he's that popular over here that we can't understand why he's only selected every so often in India!

I've never heard of the Pet Shop Boys.

Anonymous said...

Laxman is a regular member of the test side but unfortunately it seems that he has decided he will be at his best only against Aussies.

who do you think has better bowling attack? Aussies or the South Africans? I feel Aus attack has more variety - A McGrath, a Shane Warne and a Brett Lee. But interestingly three main test batsmen of India - Sachin, Dravid and Laxman average over 50 against Aussies but dont average much against South Africa.

Pet Shop Boys are a brilliant pop band. If you like savage garden and MLTR, you will like them.

Mary said...

Arvind - I think that the Aussies are the better bowling attack & the reason that Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman don't average as much against the South Africans is because India really lifts when they play Australia - if I could watch a match between Australia and another nation, I would always pick India :)