Monday, December 05, 2005

Swimming

I haven't blogged since about Thursday, reason being - I had a swim competition on the weekend, and it was time to do some last minute training (heh!) and swim all day on Sunday.

Anyways, it was a great day.. just getting back into doing a competition had me in an extremely hyped state all week leading up to this! I (apparently) get very jumpy and over-the-top when I'm excited about something, and there is nothing more exciting to me than sport. So I'm very lucky I wasn't kicked out by my family this last week :)


1st & 3rd!



I was in 5 races, and one club relay, and I won.. 3 gold, 2 silver :D
I was especially pleased to win both the 50m Fly (my fav. race!) and also the 50m Free (My worst event, and I won!!!)


Medal



It's quite funny when I finish my race though, I go over to the rest of the club members sitting in the grandstands, and they say 'Wow!, well done girl, you did well!' and I say 'oh, did I win or come last?' I really have no clue where the rest of the competitors are in the race :P

I really prefer just to compete against myself.. although it did help racing younger sister C. - no way was she going to beat me! - although we did go 1 -3 in two of the races :)

Medal Haul

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 3 golds and 2 silvers...thats impressive.

Anonymous said...

wow Bravo,well done.

Mary said...

Dinesh - *smiles* Thank you!

I do feel a bit guilty though, 'cause I didn't train for the event, although I guess I have been training for 11yrs, and you don't lose that overnight.

Mary said...

Tarun - *more smiles* Thanks! I had fun winning them too :)

Anonymous said...

hey no problems,i thought i got it from julez

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! way to go

Anonymous said...

I think it was the sibling rivalry that drove you to those truckloads of medals :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations, i'm impressed

Mary said...

Brewtus - Thanks! I think it has inspired me to train more for the next competition as well.. in the hope I can repeat my performances :)

Mary said...

Rohan - :D You bet it was!!! That was the precise reason I swam so fast.. can't have little sister beating me :)

Mary said...

Minal - Thank you! I think growing up in a sports-obsessed family definitely helped me :)