Wednesday, December 28, 2005

At the WACA - 1st day - Meeting Ntini

I have finally gotten around to writing about my time at the test match at the WACA ground.. here is the first of 3 posts.

Day 1

7.20am
I am traveling by train with my younger sister Ce., we've just finished making a sign for Brett Lee that says 'Bowl SpeediLEE' (thanks Minal for the idea!). Earlier this morning I had slept through my alarm for the third straight time.. eek! Luckily I woke up 20mins later than I wanted instead of a whole heap later, and then proceeded to have the most rushed shower & change of my life! Anyway finally made it aboard the train and we should reach the WACA at around 9am today.

Makhaya Ntini in the field


9.50am
We arrived at the WACA at 8.55am, and got a seat in the members enclosure right next to the players race. Makhaya Ntini was coming up from warmups, stopped and said 'Good morning!' to us - He's very nice! I went and got him to autograph my NSW Blues hat - he got to sign right at the very front.

It's an awesome sight to see Brett Lee bowling from the Lillee-Marsh end of the ground he was bowling really well, however Nathan Bracken got the first breakthrough - getting Graeme Smith in his first over. Out of the South African batsmen, AB de Villiers has been playing well.

Young South African batsman, AB de Villiers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary looks like you have had a awesome time and boy am I glad you put up that poster:-)
I'm commenting late as I'm just back from my vacation in Dubai.:-)

Mary said...

@ Minal - Hope you had a great vacation :) glad you're back!


I really did have a wonderful time - and now I can't wait for the 2 ODIs in Perth later this month :)