Sunday, July 31, 2005

Gulab Jamuns or 'Gulf Jamming!'

I finally got around to making some Gulab Jamuns today... they are just heaven to eat! :D

Gulab Jamuns Recipe...
I made a syrup with water, sugar, cardamom pod skins, lemon rind & juice, and rose water.
And the ingredients for the balls..
1 cup milk powder
3 tablespoons self-raising flower
2 tablespoons cornflower
1/4 teaspoon bi-carb soda
cardamom seeds, lightly crushed.
3 tablespoons water

Above: eek! I have my ring on, I had to get Celine to get it off for me!

I kneaded the dough for about 6 minutes, and then deep-fried them for 7 minutes in 400ml oil, then put them into the cooled syrup, and let them sit for 30 minutes.


Altogether I made about 25, (I made the recipe a few times) but could only eat 1 1/2 as they are really filling, although my little brother is now pleading with me to give him another one!

If you haven't ever tasted gulab jamuns, try them!, a friend of mine recommended that I try them, and they have to be one of my favourite foods now! ( thank you SO much A.!)


'Gulf Jamming' is what spell check recommended that I call Gulab Jamuns!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you finally got to try them! Wow..they look so YUMM! Maybe you could send some my way..but wait a minute..you dont have a drivers license do you? :-) GOD save this world!

A.

Mary said...

They were really nice! we still have about 10 left over from last night, although Guy adores eating them, so they won't last long!

Anonymous said...

He He,
I agree with Mr A. Seems Yummy to me. i wish i could have had some....