For the benefit of my readers, I researched Australian swear words, and came up with the fact that for the most part, the only swear word we say is 'bloody', but found this utterly hilarious article...
In the Pssst column of the Melbourne Sunday Age, 29.6.2003, there was a neat example of Better Swearing:
'For those who missed Greg Rusedski's magnificent soliloquy of frustration during his straight-sets loss to Andy Roddick at Wimbledon, inspired by a line-call that was changed to his disadvantage, here it is.
As this is a family paper, both major and minor obscenities have been replaced by the names of birds. The result should be informative and educational.
'I can't do anything if the crowd albatross calls it. Absolutely vulture ridiculous. At least replay the point.' Rusedski continued: 'Robin ridiculous, falcon ridiculous, budgie ridiculous. Some lesser-crested grebe in the crowd changes the whole match and you allow it to happen. Well done, well done, well done. Absolutely muttonbird...' '
3 comments:
That article was a neat catch! Very innovative of them to replace with names of birds! Ostrich awesome :)
A.
I know! I killed myself laughing when I read it :)
haha......muttonbird......
Post a Comment