Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Lots & lots of news!

Ok.. Well I have been very very slack with updating my blog over the past 3 months! but now the uni semester is over (yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!!) I can write up about what has happened! :)

Well I had the second of my two Hindi exams today - today it was the written Hindi exam, it all went just fine! I already knew I could fail both my exams and still pass the total course with a B+ average thanks to working hard and doing excellent assignments! :) so the stress was off, but many, many thanks to my friend H. for his lovely encouragement and tips to me over the past few weeks! when I had been stressing out so much about it all!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've got some CD's of Hindi & Punjabi music.. loving them - at the moment I keep listening to
  • Sohniye by Juggy D
  • Hawa Mein Udati Jaaye by Bombay Vikings
  • Kabhi Aisa Lagta Hai
  • Dil Le Gayi from Jassi

and a few more.. especially a lovely song called 'Tera Chehra' :)

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to Melbourne on Tuesday! six of us are going on the 6/6/06 at 6am! :D hehe! I love all those numbers.. so now the crazy rush of packing and stuff goes on! It will be the first time I've ever been on a plane, first time outside my home state, and in the second week of our holiday, the first time I've stayed away from my parents :D I just can't wait! and I'm also hoping to see the legendary Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) while I'm there!

--------------------------------------------------------

My Nikon 5700 camera decided to 'die' 2 weeks back, LUCKILY it's still under a warranty (thank god for the 3yr warranty!!) the bad part is it will take 8 weeks to fix :O so I've brought a new camera 2/3 my camera 1/3 my brother's camera... it is a Panasonic DMC-TZ1 ! it really is mega-cool :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Also.. (wow I have a lot of news!) I have NEW (!!!!!) glasses! I just love them..

----------------------------------------------------

And lastly...(courtesy of DDLJ)

Na jaane mere dil ko kya ho gaya

Abhi to yahin tha, abhi kho gaya....

:D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...wow...you do have lots of news..
firstly, congrats on the finishing of your exams. You seem to have dound a really6 good friend in Mr H(whosoever he may be :))

Woah...thats a nice collection of songs you've got!!! where did u get that from????

And the number game! thats a funny coincidence, even i love to play with numbers..

Your new Camera, wow, its amazing yaar....and i though my Samsung was good..ha ha...

hey really cool glasses...

And finally, where is your heart gone?? Did you finally meet a Prince?????

Anonymous said...

I am curious! कया तुम अॅसटृेिलयन हो या इनडियन अॉसटृेलियन?
तुमहारा बलोग पढ कर बहुत अचछा लगा।
these spelling mistakes are because of my computer's unabilty of writing hindi properly.
What made you learn hindi?

Anonymous said...

oo oo...ahah good job u passed the hindi exams:D i noe hindi lol buh i gotta practice some writin..so i might take up hindi classes next skool year:D ill have to lol i need a third language

have fun at melbourne!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen movie "rang de basanti"? if not then watch it its a very good movie.

Mary said...

@ Harman - Thanks for the congrats! :D I'm also pleased I've finished my exams for now.. writing the exam was fun though!!

You like my song collection.. well hey, I'm sure you can find them over the net somewhere.

My heart has gone somewhere Harman.. one day I'll write about it on this blog, till then just wait :)

@ Abhi - First of all thanks! and also welcome to my blog :D it's great to have new readers!
I am Australian.. and I just happen to love India very much :)
I started learning Hindi because of my love of India and Bollywood movies!!

@ Tanvi - Thanks!! I think writing Hindi in devanagari script is really fun yeah.. I find it harder when I have to write it in english (transliterated) :P

@ Abhi - One of my good friends has given me a copy of RDB.. I'm going to watch is sometime in the next fortnight!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
Really appreciate your effort in learning Hindi. Its nice to see how people are drawn towards our culture; I have lots of American and Chinese friends who are just crazy about Sari over here...So many differences, but we are all same in some universal way.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Hope you have a great holiday.

My girlfriend also loves Bollywood movies. She is American, and I have recently gifted her a Hindi language set - complete with tapes. I hope she learns Hindi so that we can then talk in Hindi. That will indeed be cool!

Mary said...

@ Arjun - thanks! for some reason I've loved India my whole life.. even all my childhood friends are Indians! :D it's great! you are right, everyone is so much the same :)

@ Anonymous - Hey thanks for your comment! :) Nice to hear that you are getting your gf to learn Hindi, it should be great fun for you..talking to her in Hindi :)

Anonymous said...

Very intelligent looking glasses ;-)

Mary said...

@ Ash - thanks! :)