Wednesday, June 14, 2006

mai melbourne mei hoon

Well just a quick post to say sorry for the lack of updates, as I am in Melbourne now! a two week holiday (which is more like 2 weeks of running crazily around a busy, busy city) so I've been on my first plane flight, been in a city 4 x bigger than anything I've ever seen before etc etc,
so far highlights have been -

  • being chosen to be an extra in a Tamil film song after the director spotted me & my younger sister in a crowd.

  • and finding the 'Bangla curry cafe & sweets' which does take-away Indian sweets, so I've tried Ladoo.. etc for the first time!! yum! :D

More updates when I get back home!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess, now we should start asking about Indian movies to you!! Cool, Tamil movies gross larger audience and budget in India than Hindi movies...Blog the name of the movie, we'll make sure that we watch it :-)

Anonymous said...

I am sure you checked out MCG?

Mary said...

@ Arjun - hehe! I'll try and find the name of the movie.. I'm not sure of the movie name, but do know what one of the 'love' songs in the movie sounds like!

@ Brewtus - Yes of course! that was just awesome.. but I was surprised to note that the actual ground was smaller than the WACA

I'll blog about my whole Melbourne trip when I get back in WA :)

Anonymous said...

NOw I guess, I will be trying to spot you in every forthcoming tamil movie song..haha. Enjoy your Melbourne trip!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on ur selection. well done. I cant understand tamil and dont really see tamil fims but if u find out the name of the film, i will make sure I see atleast that song.

Anonymous said...

Are guess what i saw shahrukh khan face-to-face yesterday here in London. For details visit my blog.

Mary said...

@ Dinesh - yep! and I did enjoy it a lot :D

@ Abhi - I read your blog.. WOW.. Shah Rukh Khan!!!!! lucky you!! :D :D