I cannot remember what my wedding reception lehenga looks like! :O
All I know is that it was a deep red and white combination, a fish-tail style skirt (I think!) and very, very pretty!
Isn't it terrible? I cannot remember what the work looks like, how much there was, whether it was gold, silver or both!
All I can think of is that my trip to Punjab in November was so terribly hectic and full of things to do that my brain simply classified it as 'not important' and deleted it from my memory! I will only get to see my dress once I'm married and land in India again 6 days before the reception!!
(side note: I know that the dress will be both too long and too big - I have never, ever got a made-to-measure Indian outfit that was not both of those things! hehe!).
All of this made it terribly difficult to work out what jewellery I should get to match. Amidst the chaos of planning our wedding and first reception here in Australia, I (or we) haven't really planned anything about the reception clothes. I might have shown up with no jewellery, no shoes, no makeup, no hairstyle... eeek!!
Eventually I narrowed my jewellery choice down to gold-coloured with either red or white highlights/gems. Since I could not remember the shade of red my lehenga is, I thought it was safest to go with a white/clear look.

sneak peak of the necklace!

The earrings and tikka! My sister actually made the earrings smaller by removing a bunch of jewels - when I first tried them on they were so heavy my ear just about fell off!
I'm glad to have found some beautiful (and cheap) jewellery for our wedding reception in Punjab! If anyone is interested, I purchased it from http://www.bombayjewelry.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment