Thursday, March 15, 2012

Slowly getting towards the finish line...

I have been thinking about blogging a lot! But all of my posts have been sitting in my head.

The past week has been incredibly draining for me - physically and emotionally.

I spent the better part of 14 days feeling absolutely terrible from 10am onwards each day! My eyes stung, my head felt dizzy, I felt like there was no energy running through my body at all. :( I didn't even feel like I had the energy to walk around the grocery shop to buy food! Much less cook dinner each night. Super luckily for me I have a wonderful twin sister who did all that for me! :)

Eventually I had a 'AHA' moment when I realised that I must be getting these awful symptoms from the paint fumes from the 20 IKEA lanterns that we've spray painted gold for my wedding reception... They have been sitting in my room waiting to be used. I removed the lanterns from my room and bingo! I feel WELL again. I can't say how relieved I am to feel better, as it really, really, really feels awful to be planning a wedding that is just 5 weeks away while feeling terribly tired and low.

Once I recovered my physical strength, I started to feel sad emotionally. I simply MISS my fiance H. so so so much. We get to meet up say, once or twice a week max, for about half and hour each time. I was just wanting to stop all this stupid wedding planning.. hiring tablecloths, blah blah, organising choirs, blah blah, drinks budget etc. and simply SEE HIM! I must admit, I did/do sometimes shed a few tears while I'm going to sleep thinking I simply cannot wait any more, I just want to marry him and leave the past 6 years of being apart behind forever.

Anyway, I am all happy now!! Tiredness, stress and having too much to think about combine to make me sad sometimes. I did see my lovely fiance H. today and we video chatted to his Sister, Mummy, and little cute baby niece!! She even started saying "HI" to us in cute baby talk.. awwww....

To end.. I found a lovely blog with pics and videos on today http://beautifulindianbrides.tumblr.com/ (only click through if you want to spend hours and hours looking at lovely brides!!).

I love this pic: gorgeous colour combo? I think so!!!





2 comments:

milu said...

Hey Mary,
Came across your blog a few moments ago and was touched by ur story. I live in delhi and have lived in Perth for around 6 months some time back so can identify your predicaments. even I have had a long distance relationship with my now husband and I met him thru the net as well, so totally get what you are going through, A big congratulations and give me a holler whenevr you need. Ludiana and Delhi are not too far away :)-
Mallika

Mary said...

Hi Mallika,

Thank you so much for your comment, it's always nice to get a new reader. :) I don't think people who haven't been in long distance relationships can understand exactly what we go through. :)

Mary