Monday, February 27, 2012

Wedding video

For the longest time I have loved watching videos of other couples weddings. I find the nervous excitement, love and emotions just beautiful to watch. I even feel like crying watching a bride or groom burst into tears on video.

Recently my favourite films to watch have been from Escape Films http://vimeo.com/user1985635 - they are based in Canada, I think.

Initially, H. and I wanted to hire a videographer for our wedding, but amidst the rush of the India trip, Christmas and little baby niece's birth, we simply didn't have time to think about it.

Yesterday, however I started to think about it again, wouldn't it be wonderful to re-live our wedding day on video? I know I don't remember many details of big special occasions, because
I a,msimply overwhelmed. Having video would solve that. Finally, so many of H's closest friends and family won't be able to come to our wedding, due to it being in Australia. Having video of the day means we can show them what it was like...


So yes!! This afternoon I hired a videographer to record our day. Best wedding decision so far, I am so happy about it. :D

4 comments:

Ashwin Nanjappa said...

You might also want a photographer or any friend/family who will take photos. Photos will be viewed more number of times than video over the years, so it will be a nice memory to have a bunch of them from your wedding.

Mary said...

Hi Ashwin :)

Good advice.. Yes we are definitely having a photographer as well. Video was like an added extra decision... Something we didn't need but decided to get anyway. :)

Shaza's Scrapbook said...

It's really good that you're getting a videographer :) Definitely don't want to miss all those special moments. We always knew we wanted a videographer, but didn't want to spend alot... so we got someone within our budget who will capture the moments :)

~ Shaza ~

Mary said...

Hi Shaza :)

Yes, I am so glad we are getting video!! Our one was cheap as well, approximately 1/3 of the price that is usually charged here. :)

Mary