Wow, that was a long absence from my blog. I really hate leaving it here without any posts on it, because even if no one reads my blog anymore (and I wouldn't blame them, I never update!), I love to keep it as a personal record of what I was thinking and doing. I love looking back over my entries from 2005 and seeing how much has changed, and how much has stayed the same.
Anyway, I have to thank the lovely Minal for waking me from my blogging slumber, because she has given me an award! (my first ever blog award!). And tagged me as well.. so here goes..
![]()
1) What is your current obsession?
Well I was going to say that it is reading wedding or baby blogs, but that is not a current obsession, it's a 3-year old obsession! :) My current obsession is definitely studying. I am in the last semester of my undergrad degree and want to graduate with an average over 85%.
2) What are you wearing today?
Navy blue jeans brought from the children's section (I'm too small to fit adults jeans properly :P), a new light pink top that reminds me of when I was a ballerina as a child, and a World Youth Day 2008 hoodie.
3) What is for dinner?
Well, I'm living at the uni college, so it will be something yucky no doubt :P I miss home food!
4) What is the last thing you brought?
The light pink top that I'm wearing.
5) What are you listening to right now?
Far Away by Libera. That choir has the most beautiful sound...
6) What do you think about the person that tagged you?
She's nice to remember that I still blog! She loves Mumbai, and cricket, and she is going to cook me some yummy Indian food when I come visit her one day ;)
7) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Goodness. There are too many places! Let me list...
1) Lewisham, Sydney - the have THE MOST beautiful Latin mass there. For that reason only, I would live there. Plus, Sydney is a lovely city.
2) Near Cody, Wyoming USA. My younger brother is a Carmelite monk in the USA.. If I had a house nearby my family could live there and be able to see him often.... :)
3) Punjab, India. H. has said that one day when he is married (to me ;) ) and we have kids, he wishes to rebuild his house from childhood so his kids can have the same memories as he did. I would want to do this just for him.
8) What are your must have pieces for summer?
Bathers.. because I'm always swimming
Beautiful summer dresses... because I love to feel pretty.
9) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Rome, Italy. and go and visit the Vatican for a while.
10) Which language do you want to learn?
Punjabi. :)
11) What is your favourite quote?
I love quotes. None come to mind immediately, but I have saved this beautiful one..
You are the future of family life.
You are the future of the joy of loving.
You are the future of making your life
something beautiful for God ..
a pure love.
That you love a girl
or that you love a boy
is beautiful,
but don't spoil it,
don't destroy it.
Keep it pure.
Keep your heart virgin.
Keep your love virgin,
so that on the day of your marriage
you can give something beautiful to each other...
the joy of a pure love.
12) Who do you want to meet right now?
My brother who is in Wyoming, I haven't seen him for over 1 year. :(
13) What is your favourite colour?
Many different shades of pink!
14) What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A beautiful navy and gold embroidered saree that was gifted to me by H.
15) What is your dream job?
Working as a web designer from home.
16) (adding a new question here) What would you name your first child? (have one boys name and one girls name)
I love names, but if I had to pick right now, it would be:
Girl: Anna (I badly wanted by younger sister to be called Anna!)
Boy: Raphael or Rahul :)
17) If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Having a nice dinner of spicy food with H.
18) What do you consider a fashion faux par?
Wearing ugg-boots with clothes in public, and wearing leggings with a top and nothing covering your legs - don't do it!!!!
19) Who are your style icons?
My Gran. She has always had impeccable taste in clothes.
20) Describe your personal style
Sporty, sparkly, and classic (don't worry, not all at the same time!).
21) What are you going to do after this?
Do some more study!
22) What are your favourite movies?
Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara, Mohabattein, DDLJ, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, The Sound Of Music, Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, Gallipoli, Pocahontas.
23) Whare are 3 cosmetics/make up/perfume you can't live without?
None.. I hate makeups and perfumes...
24) What inspires you?
Beautiful music, amazing sporting feats, lovely weather, people who care for others.
25) What do you do when you have 'nothing to wear'
My cupboard is so full I always have too much to wear!
26) What do you do when you are feeling terribly low or depressed?
Remind myself that it's not that bad, and it never is. :)
27) What is the meaning of your name?
Mary = bitter, or perfect one.. it's a Hebrew name which has Arabic origins.
Therese = summer harvest, it's a French name.
28) Which other blogs do you love visiting?
Photography blogs, general "life" blogs, wedding blogs...
29) Favourite Dessert/Sweet
Nothing beats Icecream!
30) Favourite Season?
Hot, hot summers.
31) If I come to you house now, what would you cook for me?
I don't have a kitchen here at college! so you could have chopped banana with plain yogurt, or two minute noodles :P
32) What's your current mood?
Content.
33) What's your sun sign?
I don't believe in such thing, and in fact have never heard of them either!!
34) If you could get to be one person (alive) for a day, who would you choose?
No one, the thought of being someone else scares me.
35) If you could travel back in time, where would you like to go?
Back around 50 years ago to see my great grandparents farm... :)
The rules are:
Respond and rework – Answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own.Then tag eight or ten other set of people.
I would like to share these awards and tag these wonderful bloggers:
I tag whoever wants to take this up!
4 comments:
welcome back...but looks like you wont really return till your semesters are over
@ Diwakar
Thankyou! Well.. let's see. I'm going to try and set aside 1/2hr each Sunday to write a Blog! :)
sorry a bit late but nicely done and thanks for the lovely words! Yummy food awaits and hope to meet u in 2011 - WC in India and final in Mumbai - I really do hope we meet!
@ Minal
Wow - that sounds like a good plan! :) I'll have to talk H. into coming to India then, so I can tag along with him and meet you! :)
Post a Comment