Sunday, August 23, 2009

It wasn't a fluke..

To prove that my last post wasn't just a fluke, I've decided to set aside some time every Sunday to update my blog. I do love blogging, so why not add it to my schedule? :)

This last week has been a nice one. I've been working steadily on assignments.. researching into blogging and child literacy, learning how to code with ruby on rails, and working with the John Curtin Leadership Academy on a project to raise money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service (they fly people from remote areas of Australia to hospitals).

By far the best times that I've had this week have been with H. though. We usually don't get to see each other very often or for very long, despite living a total of 200m away from each other, because we both get busy with study and work, and by the time that has wound down each day it's about 9pm! This week though, we got to have a lot of time together.. on Tuesday I met with H. and his friends and we went walking through the rain at uni to find pizza (not for me, I'm not hungry and that time of night!) only to realise that pizza shops would be shut at 10pm :)

On Friday I helped H. by proof reading his essay, and we spent the morning and afternoon together studying. Then in the evening we decided to go to dinner together - I wanted something vegetarian and spicy, while he wanted something not so spicy and non-veg. We set off to find a place that I declared was only "10 mins walk" and 40 mins later we got there :D After a nice long walk together, and a yummy dinner we started up a 'to-do' list... a list of everything we wish we could do together while we are both studying at college. My wishes included going out for Indian food one day, going for a swim at the pool, and seeing Fremantle (a beautiful part of the city which is by the ocean). H. wanted to watch a hollywood movie with friends (he knows I don't watch hollywood! :D), Walk along the bay across from college after dinner, and go to a gurudwara togther... lets hope a few of these wishes comes true!

And of course, how can I not comment on the Ashes! Well I got to watch some of the action last night, as me and H. stayed up till close of play (1.30am!!) enjoying the Ashes... :) I think that the Pommies will win (boooo) but that is because Ricky Ponting is not such a great tactician or leader.. I wonder when he will be replaced as captain??

No comments: