Monday, February 09, 2009

Mere khwaabon mein jo aaee...

...The one who comes in my dreams is finally meeting me tomorrow!

Yes, that's right, after 1121 days (3 years and 25 days), I will finally be meeting HIM.

At first we thought we would meet up after about 8 months of knowing each other, (October 2006), then that didn't work as I - who had travelled outside my home state only once in my life - really couldn't travel alone to Chennai and stay with him in a city that he only worked in.. it wouldn't work out.

Our next plan was to hope that his job transfer to Europe would coincide with the trip my sisters and I had planned - if everything went well we could hop over from Paris to Belgium, and he could come from Amsterdam to Belgium.. we would have maybe 3 hours together.

Unfortunately, after a dramatic movie-scene-esque day, where I ran through the streets of Paris for 1.5 hours in a HUGE downpour just to find the train station where they would sell tickets to Belgium, stood in line for another 1.5hrs and then made it to the ticket window only to realise that tickets were $650 AUD each... gave my sister the phone to call him to ask if it would be worth it.. he said No.. got out of line... walked outside and cried and cried and cried. He must have known I would be upset so rang.. I could hardly answer and was so upset I hung up on him. Finally I composed myself enough to promise that I wouldn't let this event ruin my holiday. Poor him never told me till afterwards how he was also heartbroken. He didn't want me to be even more upset by knowing... As I walked slowly home to the hotel through the rain, I cried knowing it would be at least 1 year, if not more, till we could try meeting again. Even the crying Kajol (Anjali) in Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayee from KKHH would look tame compared with me that day...

Fast-forward to June/July 2008 and we thought we might just be able to plan a meet up in Singapore (because it's between Aus and India it's the cheapest option for both of us), but unfortunately it would have been a bit of a hair-brained scheme, and he got transferred back to Europe again too... thus cancelling the hope we could meet in 2008.

Until finally around September 2008 he gained admission to a university only 2.5 hours from my home, won a scholarship and even managed to beat out 180 other students for one of the places in the accommodation college which will be next-door to where I stay when I finish up the last semester my degree from July this year... all leading to our meeting tomorrow!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to look back through my blog archives to see if I loved anything about 'him' before I met 'him'.

1) back in October 2005, I had fallen in love with the cute little Sikh boy from KKHH. - and 'he' is a Sikh.

2) Mary, your crush is the Boy Next Door - Whoever said nice guys finish last was wrong. Whether he lives next door or across town, You've got your eyes open for a good guy who's responsible and trustworthy. The kind who'll call when he says he will, make you mix CDs.... - the first thing he ever sent me was a Mix CD!! :)

3) People's personalities are infinitely more attractive (at least to me!) than their supposed good looks. - That is not to say that I won't like a good looking person even if they do have a nice personality, but that when someone has a great personality that far surpasses anything else. So all-in-all with my thinking, I think that I would only ever fall for someone with a great personality, who in turn (to me!) looks like the most wonderful person in the world! - haha! well lucky me he has both a lovely personality and handsome looks.

I'll be sure to give some updates and post a pic next Sunday.. when I'm back from visiting him.

Does anyone else have a Bollywood (or Kollywood) type love story? tell me in the comments :)

7 comments:

Tarun said...

Well...

This post was such a hppy one to read.
I am so happy.

:)

Nimme said...

This blog post is truly one of those romantic kinds inspired from real life!

Incredible stuff!!
Good luck for the next weekend!

It appears to me like a fantasy happy ending fable!!

good luck!!!

Arvind said...

wow :) congrats and best of luck!

my story : Its not romantic and I am not sure if it is bollywoodish. It was when I had my first break up and I was quite depressed and in a new city. My friends arranged a 'blind date' just to cheer me up. I was not convinced but I went just to not offend my friends. we were supposed to watch a movie after having coffee.. but we ended up spending almost 3 hours in the coffee shop just talking - cricket , books, music and of course movies. we were never romatically involved but even now she is a very close friend. one of the few ones whom I can wake up at 4 in the morning to say I had a scary dream :)

Mary said...

@ Tarun - thank you! I am happy too :) :)

@ Nirmal - Thanks to you too! well my life has had many crazy movie-romantic type moments. This is the top one by far though.

@ Dink - thanks! and awww your blind date sounds awesome! that's so cool you found a girl who talks about cricket too :) and you know what, finding someone who is a close friend is often so much better than finding someone who is in 'love' with you and then one day leaves you..

Anonymous said...

Don't believe in Love Stories in real ;)

Mary said...

@ Abhi - awwwww. well keep reading my blog and you soon will :P :)

Anonymous said...

It can't be :)