I found a beautiful song the other day on YouTube... it's called Maula Mere, and it's from the movie Anwar (I've never watched the movie, and have no idea of what it's like).
What struck me about the song is the beautiful melodious singing, nice beat, and lovely melody... it sounds like a very dreamy but beautiful type of song. Surprisingly, the video clip that accompanies the song is gorgeous too...
What struck me about the song is the beautiful melodious singing, nice beat, and lovely melody... it sounds like a very dreamy but beautiful type of song. Surprisingly, the video clip that accompanies the song is gorgeous too...
Beautiful closeups, and gorgeous costumes on the heroine! I especially love how beautiful they've made the lovely modest salwar kameez look. It's a good lesson for all those girls who dance around with basically nothing on in video clips! they could probably look more beautiful in some gorgeous traditional and modest outfits... I would love to be able to wear things as gorgeous as this some day! If only I didn't live in a country wear 'formal dress' can equate to a short skirt and tank top!! argh! I adore dressing up.. especially Indian-style, as I find outfits such as sarees and salwar kameez to be vibrant and graceful clothes.
On to the video (it is a MUST watch.. if you watch it and hate it, well don't blame me! ;) I think it's lovely. It expressing what it feels like to be in love very well.)
and the lyrics (thank you to a blog post by Nova for the translation into English!)
My God, My God, My God, My God...
Your eyes, how beautiful...
That I have become their lover...
Captivate me in them...
It is love...
My God, My God, My God, My God...
That I have become their lover...
My heart says, captivate me in them...
My heart tells me all the time...
You are its desire...
My lips tell me all the time...
You are all it talks about...
Your speech is so enchanting, that when I remember them...
A scent of flowers prevails...
Let me hide you somewhere...
Where your shadow cannot reach...
Let me keep you in a house...
I will be there with you...
Your hair is so rich...
I think when I look at it...
To live in them like a shadow...
It is love...
My God, My God, My God, My God...
My heart told me, my heart told me...
Friend, this secret has been opened up to me...
That love is in the heart of...
Whoever God loves...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I finished my 'peacock dress' the other day! I had wanted to make a new 'maxi-dress' (basically the name given to long, flowy dresses) as they are in fashion now (yes!! pretty dresses in fashion!). The dressses I see at the shops (on those rare occasions that I venture out to them) weren't all that nice, and if they were just OK their price tag was outrageous.. between $60 and $80 !!!!! So, I went online, searched through the latest sewing patterns that were available and found a nice one by Simplicity.
The next trick was to find some nice material.. and while looking around the local material/craft show with Cl. I spotted some fantastic flowy-type material in a peacock/feather design, in rich shades of blue and green. I LOVED it. It was kind of Indian inspired (to my eyes anyway), and would be so different than anything I had seen in the shops.
Unfortunately for me, it also has that WOW factor.. which means if I chose to make my dress in that material I would have to also bear the glances and :O open mouthed looked from people thinking where did she find something so fabulous. ** strange fact *** I actually LOVE to be the center of attention at home, but hate, hate, hate to be recognised/stand out in public! I would rather be anonymous. Anyway, I decided the material was too good to be left at the shops and purchased it, and some light ivory-coloured cotton for the lining.
Me in the new dress.. note Little Brett Lee in the background! haha! :)

All in all I LOVE this dress. I wore it to church yesterday (with a light cardigan on too, for modesty) and it was nice and comfortable. And, oh it also feels like a saree! :D hehe. I think it's the long skirt aspect of it. I'm only worried that 1) I'll trip over the skirt and fall on my face (I am very un-coordinated and likely to do this!) or 2) other people will trip over my skirt, especially when it's windy.. :P hopefully that won't happen!
13 comments:
lovely song... I love songs with classical element to it.. and you will love it as long you don't watch the movie..
I think the dress looks cool.
"Tose naina lage" from the same movie is also a fabulous song :)
U should even listen songs from the movie Sajan.
Either its "Tumse milne ki tamana" or "Bahut pyar karte hain".All songs have superb lyrics.
Infact this movie has something common with ur Love Story :P
(Both luv before they met,only letters) :)
"Dheere dheere se" from the movie Aashiquie is also a fantastic song
Lets see if u young ppl like these songs :)
@ Dink
So do I! do you have any particular favourites you can recommend to me? and don't worry.. I never watch a movie if SRK isn't in it ;)
@ Tarun
Thank you! :) I used to want to be a fashion designer, but now it's just a hobby..
@ Abhi
Oooo I'll have to check out all those songs! thank you :) and hahaha.. I'm sure I'll love the songs from Sajan very much as it's similar to my situation.
I am more into electronic / synth pop now so not sure about any recent songs.. but I can suggest 'mann ki lagan' from Paap, 'teri yaad' from Namaste London and Abhi's suggestion 'tose naina lage / javeda zindagi' from Anwar.
abt SRK.. did you watch (tolerate) om shanti om?
@ Abhi (again)
I had a listen to the songs you suggested and really liked 'Dheere dheere se' :D lovely song. The Sajan song movies were funny! hehe. loved the old clothes and setup. I didn't really like Tose naina lage though.. maybe I set the standard for 'Anwar' songs too high by loving Maula Mere..
@ Dink
Thanks for the suggestions! will let you know what I thought of them. I haven't watched OSM yet.. Bollywood movies are slow to release into Australia.. and even then are DVD only... I think the most recent SRK movie I saw was Veer-Zaara or Swades (not sure which is more recent)!!!
hmm.. its a bit tough to suggest songs based on a song one likes... for example, a friend after seeing my itunes filled with Pet Shop Boys suggested me Erasure - who with all the respects for being one of 80s top bands, sounded junk since I was constantly comparing them with the PSB.
but if you really like classical based songs, you should try Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan if you haven't already. He's a pakistani and an absolute master in this genre
Thats y I already mentioned "u young ppl" :)
U may be more into hero-heroine,picturisation and costumes.
& I am more into lyrics,music & emotions :)
& Sajaan isn't funny at all.
U may be don't understand the exact meaning :)
Every person has different personality & likings so may not be ur types.
Otherwise i can suggest some really good songs :)
@Mary,
I am really surprised at your interest in Hindi Movies and fascination towards indian style dressing. I dont konw hindi despite the fact its national language here.
I second all the comments ! Dress is cool.
@ Dink - thanks for the suggestion. will look up song of his songs and see if like them :)
@ Abhi - hahah! well I am a mixture of both - if a song I love has a good visual to accompany it I love it more, wheras if I don't like it (for whatever trivial reason) I will usually only listen to the song and not watch.. and lol.. thanks for calling me a young person! I guess the older bollywood movies are harder for me to enjoy as I only started watching any bollywood 4 years ago.
@ Nirmal
thanks! I've loved India for ages.. I learnt Hindi cause they offered it as a language here at university... I used to want to learn Tamil (do you speak Tamil btw?). I did feature (for 1 second) in a Tamil movie once :P :) Unnale Unnale.. ever seen it?
Yeah Mary, I speak tamil..its my mother tongue...
Acted in a movie? Surprised !
Yeah i hv watched Unnale Unnale.
"http://ponnirmalkumar.blogspot.com/2007/04/enda-ulagthil-evanumey-raman-ellaiyay.html"
It was one of those hit movies in 2k7 with good music!
Which scene do you come?
Wow you've seen Unnale Unnale!!! I wrote about it on my blog http://dravidfan.blogspot.com/2007/02/unnale-unnale-life-is-beautiful.html
Me and my sister walk past the camera in a pink jacket and blue jacket in 'Mudhal Naal Indru' :D fast forward to about 1.02 on YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JG46qdH0jY and we walk by Vinay!
I've never watched the movie though :( have been trying to work out where I can buy it online..
Incredible stuff! I saw the video too!!
May be if i find the movie online with english subtitles i shall post the link in your blog and if you find time do watch!!
Its a beautiful movie on love!!! It was a super hit movie in 2007 with excellent music! Mudhal Naal indru is a nice guitar based song!!
Post a Comment