Saturday, April 28, 2007

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...

Well tonight is the World Cup final! It is Australia vs Sri Lanka or 20 million Australians cheering against 20 million Sri Lankans and vice versa. :)

I liked this quote from Andrew Miller on Cricinfo

For seven weeks and counting, Australian press calls have been as
mesmerically self-assured as a TV evangelist's sermon - "We are the greatest,
deny it and be damned, hallelujah." Now that the gates of heaven have been
reached, however, the bombast has quietly been shelved
.

Ok, now for some predictions and questions!

1) Will you stay awake and watch the whole final (it starts at 9pm Australian Western Standard Time, we are GMT+8) ?

I think I will stay awake till around 12.30pm, after which I would be watching, but falling asleep too much to know what is happening.

2) Who will be MOTM?

*Deep breath* Glenn McGrath! failing him, Mike Hussey

3) Who will win?

Australia :D

4) Most runs?

You can't go past Ricky Ponting in a final, but if Murali gets Ponting cheaply, I think Jayawardne will score well.

5)Score a duck?

Hmm, Gilchrist, Jayasuryia, Symonds. (because they are wonderful to watch, so it would be typical for them to score nothing and ruin our fun! )

6) Most wickets?
Ohhhh... Ahhhhh.... Glenn McGrath! also don't discount Murali and Vaas.

Anyone else have any predictions for tonight?

May the best team win! :)

No comments: