Thursday, May 03, 2007

Another assignment completed

Yay! I have just completed another assignment for the Internet design unit I'm studying this semester.

My first assignment was to come up with a design & analysis document for my proposed Web site - the marking criteria was so strict that they actually said they would give out 0% if ANY of the guidelines were missed. That being the case I was extremely careful when researching, referencing and coming up with all my ideas! I realised the other day I had justified every single little design element in my proposed Web site with research I had found that backed my decision up!

For example did you know that most web users prefer the 'shopping cart' to be on the right of the screen? and that the home page icon is best on the extreme left, with an FAQ section taking up the extreme right position.

That the colour pink is viewed as having sweet, playful, romantic, charming and friendly qualities?


Well 3811 words later, Me & my uni tutors now know all that and more! :P



I got the mark for that assignment the other day, and to my surprise (I didn't know what to expect) I got an A+ :)

Anyway, back to the Web site prototype, which I submitted this morning along with a a 15-page progress report. I had to create a prototype with fully working navigation, visual styling and at least 1 page showing full content. The Web site has to be under 1MB, but each individual XHTML page has to be above 5KB, the Web site must be totally hand-coded and only use XHTML and CSS.




Enough of the details, here are some screenshots;














And for my other unit, Internet communications, I had to make an annotated bibliography of resources, which you can find at http://internetstudies.wordpress.com/

Hopefully I'll get around to doing a non-study-related blog post soon :)

- Mary

No comments: