
Currently Listening(and humming/singing) To: Jiya Dhadak Dhadak (Kalyug)
My new salwar kameez arrived on Tuesday afternoon at 4.30pm from chennaibazaar.com I must say I was so surprised with the amazingly quick service! I placed my order (with adjustments to the standard salwar-kameez) on August the 1st, and the had it to me in Australia by the 8th! all I can say is wow :)

It's absolutely gorgeous to wear, I feel like an absolute princess! One poor guy I work with (Punjabi/Pakistani) didn't even recognize me at first at work (maybe he had never seen me in form-fitting Indian dress before.. lol!) and he just stood there looking at me with his mouth open for a good 2 minutes. It made me feel like laughing! hehe.. but I kept my mouth shut for his feelings sake :) Then he said he wished he had a camera he wanted photos of me cause it looked too beautiful! :)
Getting around to the Mehndi, well my younger sister Celine had received a tube of it as a gift for her birthday from one of her Gujurati friends. So Wednesday afternoon no-one else was home except for Celine & I .. we looked at each other and both said 'Let's try it now!!' she grabbed some lemon juice and the mehndi, while I got some newspaper (so we wouldn't wreck the Persian rug in the lounge) and we put some bollywood songs on (Hum Tum) and started painting!
Now she had remembered the her friend had given her some tips about lemon juice & mehndi, but we couldn't remember if it was you should apply lemon juice before or after you had the mehndi on! So we went ahead and put it on first! :P so the mehndi ran a bit as the lemon juice had made our skin wet. We just tried a little bit of decoration on each of us (that could be easily covered by our jumper sleeves if our Dad was around) it turned out ok I guess.. we actually didn't want it to stay so weren't careful with keeping it nice for a while as it set.
I've found a cool Indian music radio channel too.. radioteentaal.. so far it's cool to listen to! :)
Oh and OMG now we have Tamil TV Australia on at home (our satellite picks it up!) we watch the soaps and old movies! hilarious.. even though we can't understand one word!

13 comments:
You look sooooooo beautiful in this salwaar kameez. I confess without hesitation that i wish you were my girlfriend. Hope you are not offended by that.:| ....and if you are then I apologise.
Lemon juice is always applied after the menhdi is decorated, you can also use the tea infused water mixed with lemon juice for darker and stronger menhdi.
Any new movies you have seen lately?
do watch "Kabhi Alvida Na Kahna" it released today and stars Shahrukh, rani mukherjee, preity zinta, Abhishek Bachchan and The King Amitabh Bachchan himself.
Looking good:-)
@ Abhi - Thanks Abhi, no offence taken :) (I am not easily offended) that was sweet of you to say so :)
I already have a prince charming however.. and he will also be flattered by your nice comment! :)
Ah ok the lemon juice is applied after the mehndi.. ok :)
I won't get to see KANK till it releases here in WA. :( I think it will be quicker to wait for the DVD to be on the market!
@ Tugga - Thanks! :) I have had loads of compliments! :)
Aah! thats heart breaking :(........ :)
Cute snaps.
ahh you look great in this pic....you are a big fan of steve waugh but i am a big fan of yours and also of your blog...keep blogging
@ Abhi - ohhh :( you'll find your dream girl one day :) :)
@ Tarun - Thanks!
@ Anonymous - welcome to my blog! :) it's nice to get a comment even if I don't know who you are :O
Thanks for the compliments & I think Steve Waugh is a much more inspirational person to be a fan of than me! :P lol..
Mary you look gorgeous.
And for the mehendi apply lemon juice mixed with sugar after the mehendi dries a bit. Dab the mehendi by soaking cotton in the mixture.
keep it night long and next day don't wash it off under water just scrape it, the mehendi will get more darker!
And I have not seen KANK yet will catch it next week, but knowing the die-hard SRK fan you are i think you should see it asap!:-)
@ Minal - Thanks! :)
Cool.. so that is how we should do it with the Mehndi! :) I'll try it one day..
I haven't watched KANK yet :( only seen promos on the web. We don't get it at the cinemas here and have to wait(and hope they actually show it!)at the 'Bollywood Film Festival' in January.
You really do look Gogeous in that Salwaar Kameez. I personally like the Second pic more, probablly cause you are unware of the pic being taken :D
As for KANK, i saw it last night and hated it. And i think you will hate it too.....
Keep blogging
@ Caleb - thank you :)
@ Harman - I know why you like the second picture! it has something to do with me not wearing glasses ;) just kidding... :D
Don't know how I stumbled here, but just wanted to echo the comments. That is a cute outfit,and you wear it well.
Had to smile a bit about the mehndi. The only time I've worn it was at my wedding events, and I had no idea about the lemon juice either till someone explained it to me.
@ Safad - Hi & welcome to my blog! :)
Thanks for the comments about the outfit :)
Hehe! one day I'll try and do the mehndi properly.
btw, I checked our your blog.. the photos are too cute!! :D
Post a Comment