- Dil Se (I love the title song, plus am learning a dance to 'chaiya chaiya')
- Swades (have watched once at an outdoor cinema)
- Paheli
- Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (when it finally comes to our part of Australia)
- Dil To Pagal Hai
- Mohabbatein (have watched only twice)
- Kisna (I like Vivek Oberoi)
- Lakshya (seems interesting from some promos)
- Bunty aur Babli (one of my sisters is a huge Rani Mukherjee fan)
Without giving away the plots of the above movies (cause I don't want to know what happens in the end of any of them) do you think any of them are worth watching? keeping in mind I love Karan-Johar type movies & romantic movies, and don't really like action/violence/sci-fi one little bit! :D hehe!
Keeping with the subject of movies, I am yet to finish watching Rang de Basanti, I've so far watched up until DJ (I hate him) and Karan (love him) hijack the radio-office. ugh I liked this movie a lot at the start but when they started shooting people I didn't enjoy it anymore. I'll have to watch the end to decide what I think about it! :)
20 comments:
well, first about RDB. to like or justify what they star doing you have to be born and brought up in india (first of all), so as to know the exact feeling and the reality of what the director is trying to say. The crash of MIG plane and the conttroversy depicted in the movie is not fiction, it is inspired by the real crashes of our fighter planes, which have increased in recent past and all our politician did was fil up their own pockets at the cost of our soldiers' lives.
The film also highlights the unemployment and the differences between the different castes (hindu & muslims). very beautifully the film compares the present generation of indian youth to the freedom fighters of yester Era.
It is a film which has to be seen not just for fun. its a very strong message for us to wake up, but unfortunately, most of us dont want to wake up.
WELL SORRY ABOUT THE LECTURE, LETS GET BACK TO YOUR LIST OF FILMS
Dil Se : Well its a different kind of film (parallel Cinema), songs are great but I dont think you will like the film.
Swades : u'v already seen, so u make the decision.
Paheli : Dont watch, waste of time.
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna : U like karan -johar type fims, it definately is one. a good movie. worth watching; a bit long but worth watching. I just watched it yesterday. Will make you cry.
Dil To Pagal Hai: haven't seen it so cant say. I have heard it was good. Dont really know. I dont like karishma Kapoor.
Mohabbatein (have watched only twice)
Kisna: Another good films which you would like. reccomended for you.
Lakshya: Alright time pass, can see when you have time. Nothing extra ordinary
Bunty aur Babli :again a good time pass, dont expect too much and you wont be dissapointed. Unnecessarily stretched I would say.
Hi again,
just check out this link. this is real india.
"http://21centuryindia.blogspot.com/2006/08/pictures-of-fascist-upa-government.html".
and let me know if looks familiar. it was not so long ago.
@ Abhi - haha.. thanks for the lecture. I know the film is comparing the 'old' & 'new' India :) The part I personally didn't like was when they just shot a politician. Because even if someone else is wrong - you don't kill them, no matter what. (just what I believe. :)
Now, onto the films -
* Dil Se - Yeah I've seen 2 of the songs and simply love them. I think I'll like the film as Preity Zinta & Shah Rukh Khan are my fav 2 bollywood stars.
* Swades - simply loved this film!
* KANK - Oh I love films which make me cry..
* Dil To Pagal Hai - Hahaha.. is Karishma like Kareina? (or however she is spelling her name now!)
* Mohabbatein - Loved it! gorgeous movie.
* Kisna, yeah it seems interesting!
* Lakshya.. hmm yeah I'm not sure if I'll like the movie
* Bunty aur Babli - is it like Main Hoon Na?? or worse?
& I checked the link.. yes a lot like RDB..
Dil Se: Weird Movie, nothing is appealing besides songs.
Swades:Good.
Dil To Pagal Hai:Sob sob typical Hindi romantic Triangle.
Mohabatein:I am still cluseless over Aishwariya role in the movie.It is basically a mystery movie.
Lakshya:Good movie,brilliantly done.
Bunty aur Babli:Loosely based on "Catch me is u Can"
Bunty or Bubli was good movie I thought....*drool* Abhishek Bachan and Aish was to DIE for! Dil to Pagal Hai - CLASSIC SRK film - DEF watch! Mohobbatein I didn't like so much....Dil Se isn't very romantic but fantastic songs...Paheli - nope don't bother, Kisna is meant to be good - have seen bit and pieces - Lakshya and Swades haven't seen but if you have nothing else to do then go for it :)
Also, you don't LOOK indian, yet...?? I'm baffled but very pleased... i hope I haven't insulted you because I know being indian is more than just skin colour, but you look aussie!!! and alos very pretty in a salwar :)
- Silvara
ok here i go:
Dil Se: havent seen completly, but like the concept.
Swades: Havent seen and dont know anthing abt it. maybe you can tell me abt it :)
Paheli: agai havent seen.
KANK: Hated everything abt the movie. its not exactly a typical Karan J film
Dil to pagal hai: hmm time pass movie. nothing special abt it except for the songs.
Mohabbatein: i love this movie. Great songs and a unique concept. like the battle b/w SRK and AB Sr
Kisna: dont know anything abt it.
Lakshya: Interesting and inspirational movie. good acting but nothing special abt the songs
Bunty aur Bubbly: total time pass.
And hey, you gotta add "Lagaan" to the list. You love the movie (if you havent seen it already)
So who are u planning to watch em all with?
@ Tarun - Yeah but Dil Se does have good songs so I'm curious enough to watch the whole movie.
Swades was a nice movie!
Dil To Pagal Hai - well I don't mind sob sob movies :))
Mohabbatein - Still loved it regardless of Aishwarya.. she was playing as SRK's 'Dream' in that movie I guess.. I found it really confusing @ first because it was the first Bollywood movie I ever saw!
Lakshya - well one good word about a movie and I'll try and see it! so Lakshya stays on my list! :D
Bunty aur Babli - is 'catch me if you can' an english movie?? I've never heard of it.. or are you using the expression? :S
Thanks for the reviews! :)
@ Silvara - First of all hi & thanks for dropping by my blog! :)
Well I think Bunty aur Babli has pretty catchy songs if nothing else! I guess one day I might watch it!! LOL to the '*drool* Abhishek Bachan :D
Ok I LOVE Shah Rukh so I'll watch Dil To Pagal Hai then.
Kisna seems interesting..I've seen a video clip of one song.
Don't worry you haven't insulted me! :) its just that I simply adore India, Indian culture & Indians! :) plus my 'prince charming' is an Indian.
btw love your display pic! very gorgeous! :)
@ Harman.. I'll reply to your comment after work tonight.. I'm feeling sleepy right now :O
LOL.. god does that mean I'll feel better after working for 3 or so hours and replying @ 10pm tonight.. hehe! :P
@ Harman -
* Dil Se - well I'm going to see that movie maybe next week (found it on ebay for $4 :D )
* Swades - hmm I think you might like it. you'll have to watch it with me one day!
* KANK - did you hate the theme of the movie or the acting or the whole movie? and were the songs any good?
* Mohabbatein! I'll always love this movie as the first Bollywood movie I ever saw :)
* Kisna - well I think the storyline is about an English girl falling in love with an Indian guy who is already has to have an arranged marriage. It's set in the revolution.
OMG I left out Lagaan! :O yes I really want to watch this movie..
hey I never told you this before, but the TV station here actually showed Lagaan earlier this year! and you know what the reason for me not watching it was? . . . YOU!
It was one of the first days you ever chatted to me and I was enjoying it so much I didn't want to go and watch the movie :D
Hmmm.. who would I want to watch all these with? I guess someone who would hold me still for long enough to sit through the movies! ;)
"Catch me if U can" is an english movie starring Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Did u managed to switch over to blogger beta?
@ Tarun - Ok, well I didn't know cause I don't watch Hollywood! :P
Yes I am on blogger beta! what about you? :)
@ Caleb -
Swades [i] was [/i] great wasn't it? :)
Well I'm not sure I'll watch Paheli, everyone seems to think it was bad!
Oh I love Kal Ho Naa Ho! :D I only wish every movie I saw was as good...
Madhuri is a great dancer hey? I've actually only watched one movie with her in (Devdas).
I [i] adore [/i] Vivek! so I'll watch Kisna (when I can find a DVD of it)
Does Hrithik dance in Lakshya? :D
Yeah exactly! movies are just time pass..
LOL to the orkut [ ] formatting I did on the above comment!! :P
[:)]
No English movies ... strange.
Anyways I was unable to switch to beta.I mean I could not switch my present blog to beta.I wish I could.I had to make another blog in beta.I hope I switch as soon as possible.
Shayad jagah nahi bachi hai...(Perhapes no place is left...)
By the have you seen “Kabhi Han Kabhi na”(SK movie)
I will help to tell you how all these film was appreciated in India.
Dil Se-****
In truth this movie is a flop (unlucky Manisha(actress of this movie)), but let me tell you this is one of the best movie of Sharukh khan, I don’t know how much you can “feel” Indian culture but I guess you understand better then many. To understand or feel these movies is not depend on such things like if you are an Indian or not, it is about passion and I think you have this enough. Watch it and if you like it then understand you started to feel in the same way.
Swadesh-***1/2
This is not a commercial cinema. But if you like sharukh and real India then you must watch this and if you cried to see this then you understood everything… Then I assume you are another sensitive Indian
Paheli-*1/2
Ekdam Bakwas(Total waste), Not more then that
Kabhi Alvida na kehna-***1/2
I think it’s a good movie. Actually climax is a unique climax, never happened in hindi cinema ever. But that is great view and you will see these thing in India in future. I am sure you will love it. However movie loose some basic in the last 40 mins.
Mohabbatein-***1/2
Exactly this is one what we call Sk type movie. Amazing world of SK. Go and you will love it and see another legend with him(Amitabh Bachhan)
Lakshya-****
Great one, You watch it. There is a lot to see and understand in this movie.
Other you watch and decide yaar (friend)
Wow.. I haven't replied to a few comment here! sorry guys.. I'll start now! :)
@ Caleb - LOL to the congrats!!! for being the first and only fan of Vivek oberoi in this galaxy :) comment! yes I am a fan of Vivek! :D
@ Harman - awwwww why does even seeing a smile from you make me miss you? keep having a nice time in Delhi..
@ Tarun - well not exactly strange! I don't like English movies very much, Bollywood is far superiour! (my opinon only)
Have you managed to switch to blog beta yet?
@ Anonymous -
Wow you've commented complete with '*' ratings.. cooool! :D
Well I have never seen Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa.. actually I had never really heard of that movie..
Ok onto your reviews..
Dil Se.. Well I WANT to like it when I see it (haven't watched it as of yet)
Swades - I really really loved Swades! :)
Mohabbatein - wow I love 'SK world' movies, and of course I loved this movie!
Post a Comment