------------------
Melbourne, Day 1, Tuesday 6/6/2006
Ok, first some background information. We (Me, Cl. P. & Ce.) arrived at our grandparents after an uneventful and quite boring train journey to Perth on the Monday morning.
Monday was spent getting excited about the plane journey (Cl. P & C.) , thinking about what we would do when we landed (Gran & Me) and missing our internet connection at home (Me only! :P)
We all set out alarms for early on Tuesday morning (3am) as we had to fly out at 6am from the Perth Airport, and because we wanted to get seats near the front of the plane, we had asked out taxi to the airport to arrive at our house at 4am!
4.05am and our all of us + luggage where waiting outside in the pitch-blackness.. no taxi.
4.10am - still no taxi, Pop phones the taxi depo, they say the taxi has just arrived at our house, still no sign of the taxi though!
4.15am - finally our taxi pulls up!! yay! all aboard and we make the 30min drive to the Perth Airport..
4.45am - into the airport and straight into writing out tags for our suitcases while P. gets some good seats for us via the self-checkin pc.
4.50am - go through security - phew! we all pass :D I even took off all my jewelry so the scanner wouldn't beep when I went through :P
4.55am - already feeling bored after sitting at an airport for 3mins.. so I decided to txt Mum.. who is sure to be awake back home..
5.00am - time for a pic!

Me, Ce. & Cl. waiting at Perth airport..
5.40am - "Perth to Melbourne flight Qantas, please start boarding" omg! that is us! :D
I was shaking as I took the step from the 'tunnel' onto the actual plane, seriously it was one of the scariest moments of my life so far! but I did it! :D and settled down on my seat with Cl. to the right of me and Ce. by the window further right.
6.00am - Takeoff! I intently watched the air hostesses show us the safety instructions, and read the safety booklet twice! (I wasn't going to be caught out if we did crash!) takeoff was coming.. suddenly the plane started moving, and I felt like I couldn't breathe (I was panicking) :O so I grabbed onto Cl's arm really really tightly.. as we started to ascend...
6.10am - Still going up into the sky, I'm still really freaked...
6.20am - Thank god! the plane has now straightened out and I survived! :D The air hostesses bring along breakfast
The rest of the flight is uneventful, the movie is some movie with some girl and some guy.. I really have no clue as I wasn't watching it! I listened to my sister's i-pod (1 ear piece for me, 1 for her) and before we know it, we've landed in Melbourne..
Day 1, Part 2 coming next!

3 comments:
Wow...
i was laughing throughout the post...
you really area wondeful writer
@ mera Harman, thanks! :)
I'll try and write some more tomorrow!
Keep Writing....
Thats what you are great at........
Post a Comment