I've been reading a little book that I found in our bookshelf yesterday.. I remember reading it once when I was about 11yrs old.
"The Little Prince" by Anotine De Saint-Exupery.
I loved the following lines -
"..Grown-ups love figures. When you tell them that you have made a new friend, they never ask you any questions about essential matters. They never say to you,
"What does his voice sound like?
What games does he love best?
Does he collect butterflies?"
Instead they demand: "How old is he?
How many brothers has he?
How much does he weigh?
How much money does his father make? "
Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him."
So true :) Sometimes people laugh at me when I ask almost the same thing.. "Oh that's nice.. but what does his voice sound like?" ... (I get the "Oh Mary why are you so immature sometimes" look in return!)
Keep smiling everyone!
4 comments:
its better to be immature than getting old before time. And there is nothing wrong in being different. I am also smiling right now thinking of the situations when people laugh at you.
@ Abhi - agreed! haha.. yes people laugh at me a lot, but usually I laugh the most at myself :)
Hmm, better immature than getting called a fossil by 18 yr old girls:-( Fossil at 27, what's the world coming to!!!
@ Tugga - ohhh :( that's not fair saying you are a fossil at 27! wait till those girls get to 27 hahaha then you can tease them back :D
Post a Comment