Sigh.............!
concluding episode of 'Yeh Ishq Jaane Kaise Hua'
Scene: At work - Rohit, Ravi & Anjali are talking
Ravi: "How old are you Anjali?"
Anjali: "twenty"
Ravi: "Oh, ok then - now that your brother is leaving, I need to
get you married, I will find you a lovely nice Indian boy!"
Anjali (surpresses laughter, makes face
at Rohit, who was pulling one at her)
Ravi: "Don't look like that Rohit.. you are like my son,
and she is like my daughter.. that makes you brother and sister.. "
Anjali (smiles sweetly at Rohit.. then makes another face)
Rohit (starts pretending he never heard this conversation
and plays with his mobile phone)
Ravi: "Now, I can find you an arranged marriage Anjali..
I'll start my list.. number 1 - no smoking, no drinking, no partying and no clubbing" (gives Rohit a fake punch, Rohit dodges)
Anjali: "Yes, that sounds good" (glances again at Rohit, rolls eyes)
Ravi: "Ok, now what do you want Doctor, Engineer.. " (long pause, looks at Anjali)
Anjali: (big grin) "International cricketer!"
Rohit: (suddenly jolted into feeling he needs to take part in this discussion) "Anjali, they are so fast, they date girls in every country they go to, they are well.. dodgy"
Anjali: (ignoring Rohit and talking to Ravi) "Yeah, I would love an International Cricketer"
Ravi: "Anjali that is just a bit tough, have some thought for me here! - Why, what do you like with cricketer's?"
Anjali (smiles)
Rohit: (draws breath..ready to launch) "... Shaaahid Afridiiii....."
Anjali (rolls eyes, NOT the Shahid Afridi lecture again!)
Ravi: "So, I can't get you an International cricketer, what else, - Doctor? Engineer?"
Ravi: "You need a boy from a good and well established family, if they have a family profession that's good too - you see, they will study because they don't want to let the family name down, and if they are from a good family you won't need to worry about their (gives glance to Rohit).. well about their suitability, you can be happy and know they are ok."
Anjali: (starts giggling)
Rohit: "She will find someone Ravi"
Anjali: (smiles)
3 hours later...
Rohit: "Anjali, I'll miss you!"
Anjali: 'I'll miss you too... but I'll come to your wedding Rohit!" (Rohit asked for Anjali's email address, so he could invite her to his has-no-girlfriend-maybe-get-his-Mum-to-arrange-his-marriage wedding in 2 years time)
Rohit: "Naah, I've decided I'm not going to get married"
Anjali: (laughing) "Well I'll come to visit you when you aren't getting married then!"
Rohit: (smiles)
The Next Day... at maybe half hour intervals.. Anjali doesn't answer most of these as she feels she might cry!
Rohit: "Anjali, I'm going to miss you"
Rohit: "Anjali, this is the last time I'll see you"
Vikram: "Rohit, you'll miss Anjali the most"
Rohit: "No Vikram, I'll miss you the most..!"
Vikram: "But there are plenty more of me back in Kenya"
Rohit: "Ok, ok I'll miss Anjali most"
Rohit: "Can I take a picture with you Anjali? otherwise I might forget you, and I never want that to happen.. please? "
Anjali: "Sure"
Rohit: "Well, I don't know what to say.. goodbye Anjali!"
Anjali: "See you later, Rohit! "
Rohit: "Good one! very good one! "
Photo of Rohit & Anjali coming soon.. provided he can email it to me when he arrives home!
3 comments:
Hi Did u see the final match of Aus vs SA?
WHat do u say?
Mary waiting for your review of the match yest!
has your heart mended? It's still hurting me!
But don't you think it's great for world cricket?
@ Tarun - I didn't get to watch it on TV :( just the 1st innings on the live scorecard on cricinfo! I say OMG! :D
@ Minal - Yes.. I'll write a review.. at least from a score point of view, as I didn't get to see the match on TV.. it is AWESOME for world cricket.. ODIs will never be the same after yesterday..
Post a Comment