Friday, March 17, 2006

Commonwealth Games

All photos in this post were from the Sydney Morning Herald!

I've been watching the Melbourne Commonwealth Games on TV - I love it! 10 days of sport 24x7 ! :D


My favourite moments from yesterday's competition.


Stephanie Rice, the 3rd ranked Australian, winning gold in the 200m IM.


Australian Men's Gymnastics team winning the silver medal - Prashanth Sellathuraj, Joshua Jeffries, Samuel Offord, Damian Istria & Philippe Rizzo.


Australia beating Sri Lanka 81-0 in the Rugby 7s


And from the Opening Ceremony -


The Indian team were undoubtedly the best dressed.. as the TV commentator said at the time "India are looking gorgeous here, beautifully dressed, and all the British could manage were boring tracksuits" - I agree completely.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah
India team is truely amazingly dressed.
I guess India has won 4 golds. Not bad either.

Mary said...

@ Nirmal - yes India are currently 2nd on the medal table!

Anonymous said...

I dont know much about Rugby but 81-0 sounds a bit one sided

Mary said...

@ Arvind - Yes, I think the most one-sided rugby match in Comm. Games history! :)

Anonymous said...

india is also doin good. hope they continue. 2010 we will be d host :D.

Mary said...

@ Anuj - Yeah! I've been so impressed by team India's performance at these games!

I plan to go and watch the Dehli 2010 games! :D