I ordered it when I was visiting H's family in Ludhiana in November. We found a lovely botique which had lenghas and kameez with beautiful fine embroidery work, in just the style I love. After talking with the lady owner / designer I ordered a beautiful white lehnga with an elaborate embroidery design all over. The lehenga wasn't going to be ready before I had to fly back to Australia, so the plan was for H's Mama to bring it over when she visited for the birth of Didi's baby in January.
When I got the lehenga it was love at first sight! The embroidery work was exquisite, the skirt beautiful and they had even added more kaam than we had asked for as a bonus. :) however on closer inspection the dress did appear half-finished. There was blue pen marks around the embroidery on the front of the top! The skirt had black grease marks around the top! A tear! A very dirty underskirt, glue marks, stains! It was pretty disastrous. I was initially feeling a bit sad, here was my beautiful wedding dress, all dirty! But after talking with H. He assured me that it wasn't the end of the world, we could get it cleaned! I certainly hoped that would be the case!
Well guess what? I think it was good for me to get a wedding lehnga with a few small problems. It showed me that not everything you've imagined being perfect for years will be. It let me realise I need to let go of my 'perfect wedding day' ideas. Some things are bound to go wrong! Someone might spill wine all over my dress at the reception, perhaps my dupatta would fall off! I might trip and fall in the mud! Perhaps it will be stormy and there will be power blackouts. Nothing like this however, should affect my wedding day happiness. No matter what, not even a slightly dirty wedding dress will stop the day I marry H. from being the most amazing, perfect day of my life. Because all that matters is we get to become Husband & Wife on that day!! Nothing can spoil that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment