Well I've been researching non-stop recently on any information about my 'target audience' for my Internet Design project. (I am designing for a hypothetical online cake business) Actually, I have been taking the research a bit too far... I had a look at some of the example assignments that my tutors have passed out, and no-one goes so far in the initial research of customer demographic than I have done.
My target audience is working women, specifically working mothers who don't have enough time to bake a cake for parties.
So what have I found out so far? well their favourite colour is purple (yuck! - thank god that purple actually makes some people feel sick, so you should never use it with food related environments) they DO use the Internet to shop online, and finding out this and more takes a very very long time! :P
The flip side to having to research something as boring as working women's preferences (just in my opinion) is that my subject for the Web site is very interesting indeed! I get to look at cakes, get out books and magazines on cakes, eat cakes(! well not yet.. but somehow I could... ;) ) bake cakes, think about cakes, dream about cakes.. you get the idea :)
I've also realised that The ONE thing I do in life that has to be more-than-perfect before I even like it is DESIGNING web sites! :P I never get them online because they aren't the very-best-thing-to-ever-be-online and until they are, I don't publish them....
.. Time to get back to designing! :D
2 comments:
Its a good thing to be a perfectionist, hope to see your designed site published soon. Keep it up. Good Luck.
@ Abhi,
Sorry for taking so long to reply to your comment! I've finalised the analysis & design document of my site - now into the prototype stage. I'll upload a screenshot soon :)
Post a Comment