Sunday, February 04, 2007

Unnale Unnale.. Life is beautiful..

Well its taken something rather exciting to get me blogging again (I've been so lazy in not updating this blog, but then again nothing interesting had happened for a while anyway.)


Back in June 2006, when I was in Melbourne with my brother and two sisters, we happened across the shooting of a Kollywood film -


Our first sighting of the film shooting!


which was then known as 'July Kaatril' We saw Tanisha Mukherjee (Kajol's sister!) dancing down steps in Federation Square, took a video of that and thought nothing more of it. That was our one brush with fame.



Came back to Federation Square 1 hour on, and around the corner who do we see but the film crew again! So younger sister & I decided to sit (right out of the way of the cameras) and watch for a bit. Along with 20 or so interested Melbournians. Suddenly a guy from the film crew comes up to us, I jump up and walk away, thinking the last thing I want to do is spoil the shooting of this film! however younger sister has her wits about her more and grabs my arm and says 'Mary! come back! they want us to speak to the director'

Oh great! I think sarcastically, not only were we in the way of the shoot, now the director will tell us to get lost cause we spoilt it! oh well... I guess I'll come....

We head over to the director, who was a guy wearing a cowboy hat..


Our cowboy-hat director and the pretty Tanisha.

and he asks us.. 'Can you be in this shot?' 'Yes' we say..


and our short 5-take film career begins. The start the music 'Mudhal Naal' and the 'hero' Vinay starts an arms raised-hip swaying song as younger sister and I do a walk past in front of the cameras. It was fun. I guessed that this was a 'Kuch To Hua Hai' type of song in this movie. I said to younger sister after we had finished 'What's the bet he was singing something like 'I have eyes only for the heroine!" hehe..


Later on we watched Tanisha do some spins and twirls through another part of Federation Square, and run into a very confused old man tourist, who kept wandering into her twirls with map in hand and kept being escorted out of that part of the square by Tanisha who was not even getting annoyed at this guy messing up every one of her shots! :))



Tanisha finished that shoot and stood around 2 metres in front of us! she is so tiny, even with high-heels on, and she has the most gorgeous shiny hair.



Vinay was then called back to the shoot and proceeded to jump the tram barrier very athletically for another shot!





Vinay, about to jump!


After that we lost sight of Vinay, and kept watching Tanisha, we actually hadn't worked out who she was yet, except that her nose was terribly similar to Kajols! (I later searched the net and saw photos of Tanisha, and made the connection.)

The cameras started panning our way again, and because getting in movie shots frequently can seem like you are fame-seekers, and is also embarrassing.. we were going to leave for the day so

I decided to take a photo of my sisters to remember this great day.. so I snapped.. and on closer inspection.. the shot contains non other that Vinay in the background!! :D



Vinay, in the red shirt/black jacket.



In the next moment, Vinay jumps down the stairs, picks up my bag! :D (I'm never washing that bag!) and sits between my sisters and starts talking to me! He asked how we were, said it was a nice day and that he was from Chennai. I talked a little to him (don't ask me what I said!! I guess I have star-struck amnesia now! :P) He was in a word 'cool'.

Unnale Unnale (Because of you) is set to be released on Valentine's Day.

View the trailer..

align="center

".. Playing the lead role is Vinay, a model from Bangalore. The female lead is
being played by Sada. Yet another heroine is Tanisha, younger sibling of actress
Kajol. After doing some films in Hindi, the actress makes her debut in Tamil.
Others in the cast include Shrinath, and new face Sathish among others "- Chennai
Online

I think this movie will be worth watching, all three lead actors look pretty good, the songs are catchy and its filmed in beautiful Melbourne! can't wait for the DVD!

No comments: