Thursday, June 22, 2006

Melbourne # 1

Hi everyone! I got back from Melbourne on Tuesday night, spent that night in Perth and got home yesterday afternoon! I'm still feeling very jet-lagged at night times, but jump up at 5am every morning :S oh well! soon I'll be back on 'home' time I guess :)

Here is something I wrote up while waiting for the plane - more updates soon!


Tuesday 20th June, 12.20pm, Melbourne Airport

Well I’m just waiting at Gate 4 for our 3.10pm Qantas flight back to Perth. Unfortunately no wireless connections here but at least I can type this out on word!
The trip to Melbourne was great, from the first impressions I got while on the skybus to our apartments Melbourne seemed like a very fast, black, grey city

Fast – because people were standing right next to trams as they whizzed past seemingly close enough to run them over, people running across roads ahead of trams, buses, and cars, and people eating lunch while in the middle of the road, waiting for the lights to change!!

Black – The colour to wear in Melbourne is black, everyone and I mean everyone wears black! Pretty amazing as back home in Western Australia people wear any colour at all… but Melbourne’s uniform is definitely black. Black coats, black shoes, black pants, black suits.. even black hair!

Grey – In a word – SMOKE it is absolutely disgusting how much smoke there is in Melbourne, almost every single person smokes, something that is very very rare back in WA.

Our first week was spent racing around sightseeing, sometimes it even felt as thought we were in a race! Everything was non-stop from the moment I woke up, till I crashed asleep in bed at night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope u find time to post some snaps.

Mary said...

@ Tarun.. will try!